Is it possible to modify a BCM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to modify values in the BCM? I really want to retro fit a 2013 CTS V steering wheel onto my 2013 Escalade. The only problem is each wheel’s controls have unique resistance values that when pressed communicate with the BCM to carry out the desired function. I have the resistance values for the CTS V wheel controls, if it’s possible to input those values into the Escalades BCM then volla in theory it should work!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to modify values in the BCM? I really want to retro fit a 2013 CTS V steering wheel onto my 2013 Escalade. The only problem is each wheel’s controls have unique resistance values that when pressed communicate with the BCM to carry out the desired function. I have the resistance values for the CTS V wheel controls, if it’s possible to input those values into the Escalades BCM then volla in theory it should work!

Ask these guys ^^^^.

OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ask these guys ^^^^.
I’ll reach out to them tomorrow, I’m hell bent to get paddle shifters on my truck, and come next summer when I get my LSA SC… rebadged with the 2023 V emblems… gonna be so sweet… 2013 Esca-BUDGET V!

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reached out to WAMS and they replied “That’s something they haven’t mapped out” and asked if it would be easier to add resistors to the wheel controls. I’m almost positive the resistors are integrated into the switch, so I asked if I sent them a BCM if I could get the entire BCM code file and trace it down myself. I highly doubt they’ll agree to this, as I’m still waiting on a reply. Im considering ordering a VCX Nano programmer and trying to pull the BCM data myself but not sure if these cheaper programmers are capable of retrieving the entire file. Anyone have any experience with these cheaper gm programmers or even a GM MDI 2?

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Is there a way to tune the transmission to shift faster/more responsive?

transgo has a kit to help the 6l80 shift faster, and they include some tune details to adjust the shift time.
they also require the install of the larger boost piston in the kit.

What sucks is i have everything except for the larger boost piston, i have the transgo boost piston, but I don't believe it's the larger one.
the new kit came out a few months after I rebuilt my transmission. :confused:

I'm tempted to play with the settings anyways to see how it acts.
and the settings are for hptuners.

Link: https://transgo.com/product-details/6l80towpro/

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Kit instructions are on the site, but here is a snippet of the page.

1698858013942.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz