Is it a new truck yet? I'm throwing parts on cuz I LOVE MY YUKON!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nocal95-2dr-yukon
Reaction score
Thanks! I h
Cool trick.:happy107:
I hope this helps anyone in this spot! Tonight the trans is going in, hell or high water! I plan to take my rig to Pomona in April for the NHRA Winternationals! They need and deserve our support if we want to preserve their efforts!

I've been a fan of drag racing since the late 60's. Show some love so they can keep bringing the heat!

Is there anyone out here that is good with ring and pinion set ups? I have the gears and install kits, just don't have tooling due to recent theft. Will pay, so don't be shy to respond.

OP
OP
nocal95-2dr-yukon
Reaction score
Got the full meal deal working there.
Lol, I'm taking a break to go get some grub. My last post said it was going in come hell or high water. The other side of that is God willing and the creek dont rise!

I didn't mention that this is a one operator project. Here is how the ratchet strap and floor jack method looks.
20210212_141918.jpg
The wrench is still keeping the torque converter in place20210212_142911.jpg
I plan to use a bottle jack on the oil pan to line things up when I get back from the store. Mmm, cerveza!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, I'm taking a break to go get some grub. My last post said it was going in come hell or high water. The other side of that is God willing and the creek dont rise!

I didn't mention that this is a one operator project. Here is how the ratchet strap and floor jack method looks.
View attachment 270639
The wrench is still keeping the torque converter in placeView attachment 270641
I plan to use a bottle jack on the oil pan to line things up when I get back from the store. Mmm, cerveza!
I use 2 ratchet straps to get it up high enough for my cheap Harbor Freight tranny jack to slide under it. I used to do it with a floor jack with a manual trans.

OP
OP
nocal95-2dr-yukon
Reaction score
lol, I live in Magalia, where you go see your"friends" to "borrow" your stolen tools back! It might get into the 60's today. Any day the temp is higher than my age is a good one! Fwiw, the bottle jack is working well. As in, everything is still in the air! The engine/trans mate up is just a few inches away. First & goal on the one yard line.

The cold ground isn't too bad if you can stay dry. I wear cold weather coveralls. I do what I can to keep them dry on the outside by putting down a blanket. Keeping them dry on the inside is another story.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts