Is buying a Tech 2 worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy529

Reaction score
Awesome! I should have asked on here ......... :oops:

DHL took 2 weeks for me to get mine from China. But it sat in Customs for 5 days.
Not bad. It took me three weeks to get stuff from Germany using DHL and the postal system.
Apparently they put it on a pack mule across Canada. ;)

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

DHL took 2 weeks for me to get mine from China. But it sat in Customs for 5 days.
Not bad. It took me three weeks to get stuff from Germany using DHL and the postal system.

Link to where you ordered?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I've bought quite a bit of motorcycle parts from Germany and they always sat in customs for 2 weeks. Maybe they put them in a bombproof place and wait to see if they blow up IDK.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shipped a buddy in Germany 3 heavy packages containing complete Ford 8.8 rear end disc brakes and one axle tube and axle shaft. Took 4 days through USPS. :shrug:

tuita

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought mine from aliexpress.com for ?? $400 CDN plus tax and duty. I believe, and I may be wrong, that any of the Tech2's are Chinese manufactured, mine came with all the "correct" decals of Vetronix, they just weren't applied. Which suggests that all come from the original factory but probably due to contractual obligations cannot be sold as such. At least for the one I bought.

The PCMCIA card slot door didn't go up enough to easily slide it in but it just needed a little "persuasion" and it popped right in. Still closed after I did it.

But I too saw a post where a guy had to cut the door to make his go in.

James. I'm a little jealous you got the case but I just bought a cheap plastic tool box which holds what I need for my vehicle. $18 :p I live in B.C. which for the rest of western Canada means Bring Cash ;)

Come on,I found gm tech2 hours online,ebay,amazon etc, I think tech2 which sell online is all clone and most from china,I choice chinacardiags.com to buy,they have over 290 reviews also Many people online feedback their gm tech2 clone work well

chevy529

Reaction score
Come on,I found gm tech2 hours online,ebay,amazon etc, I think tech2 which sell online is all clone and most from china,I choice chinacardiags.com to buy,they have over 290 reviews also Many people online feedback their gm tech2 clone work well

I ... I ... beg yo pahdon!?

with apologies to Foghorn Leghorn

chevy529

Reaction score
I looked at that one, but I couldn't see (other than the pictures ) anywhere that it specified the software version and got nervous. Yours came 33.004?

Yup.

EDIT: They were really responsive to my queries, if in somewhat poor English but better than my Mandarin. I'm sure they would be glad to answer any questions you'd have.

Send 'em a question!

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
n/m

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas