Interior Lights - Fuse 17

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior lights are not working as they should. It seems like a recent issue, but I honestly cant remember.

2012 Escalade Platinum. The overhead interior lights all work as they should when the door is open, and they dim to off when it's shut. However once the door is shut I cannot manually turn on individual lights when I press their associated button. They all illuminate when I rotate the dimmer switch to "ON" however, when I do that, I can turn off individual lights with the local button at each.

I did some investigation, and fuse 17 was blown, so I popped a new one in there, and it immediately popped. I took my meter and probed the terminals at fuse 17 for any continuity to ground, there was none, so I ruled out a dead short. However, when I probe the "unfused" side of the fuse socket, I was getting 6.3v. The power side was steady at 12v, but something is backfeeding that circuit. I plan on put my meter on there and start pulling fuses to see what circuit is back feeding it, and I'm trying to decipher the wiring diagrams, but not having much luck. Anyone familiar with the wiring diagrams - what is the symbol for the fuse? Attached some screenshots of what I think are the applicable schematics.

Anyone experience anything similar? I really prefer to pinpoint the problem before I pull the headliner and start tearing into the harness.

Attachments

• schematic2.jpg
    schematic2.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 4
  • schematic1.jpg
    schematic1.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 4

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interior lights are not working as they should. It seems like a recent issue, but I honestly cant remember.

2012 Escalade Platinum. The overhead interior lights all work as they should when the door is open, and they dim to off when it's shut. However once the door is shut I cannot manually turn on individual lights when I press their associated button. They all illuminate when I rotate the dimmer switch to "ON" however, when I do that, I can turn off individual lights with the local button at each.

I did some investigation, and fuse 17 was blown, so I popped a new one in there, and it immediately popped. I took my meter and probed the terminals at fuse 17 for any continuity to ground, there was none, so I ruled out a dead short. However, when I probe the "unfused" side of the fuse socket, I was getting 6.3v. The power side was steady at 12v, but something is backfeeding that circuit. I plan on put my meter on there and start pulling fuses to see what circuit is back feeding it, and I'm trying to decipher the wiring diagrams, but not having much luck. Anyone familiar with the wiring diagrams - what is the symbol for the fuse? Attached some screenshots of what I think are the applicable schematics.

Anyone experience anything similar? I really prefer to pinpoint the problem before I pull the headliner and start tearing into the harness.

I don't see any on those diagrams.

Fuse-symbol.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas