Instrument Cluster PRNDL or Message Going Blank on you?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Logan5

Reaction score
When I got my hands on an 06 cluster I put it in because I like the LED PRNDL much nicer than the LCD.

Mtncrvr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just adding to this thread (having same issue). The cluster part # is on the back. This is from my 6 gauge ‘03 for reference.

07B8DB59-B81F-4054-98E9-FFAB75F2DB30.jpeg
The xxxx2146 ending is the 6 gauge, xxxx2147 is the 7 gauge (incl trans temp). Looks like a swap would need programming or the eprom (small chip) swapped over at least to retain mileage/vin info.

Note the fix in the video is to replace the large IC (chip) left of the Tach motor. That’s pretty fine soldering work, difficult without good flux and ideally a hot air rework station. Then you need a decent magnifier to verify pins aren’t shorting to each other. My cluster is displaying gibberish and randomly not working at all as well. Gauges just freeze and both displays go dark or display nonsense like below pict. I replaced my stepper motors and lights about 6 yrs ago and they’ve been fine since. This problem started about 2 weeks ago.

3C78F4AE-FEDC-488F-982B-9F17E3036DA8.jpeg
Will attempt reflowing the resistors in question but I suspect that chip is going bad, it’ll reset and everything works for a bit then stop even while parked or just with ignition on parked.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, there are several people out there who can correct the mileage for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157