Finally got all of the lights off on my dash, and installed a 2010 cluster, pics of Esky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73TA

Reaction score
Well, I finally got all of the lights (five total) cleared from my dash (actually a few weeks ago). My "project" thread called "Don't always trust your mechanic, fixed my "blown" engine for $7" https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...-mechanic-fixed-my-blown-engine-for-7.123682/

This is the 2008 Esky ESV with I believe all options that I bought for $3200 from a lady owner that was told that she needed to replace engine because it had over 200K miles. Her mechanic did not check out what the problem was and I guess did not want to deal with it.

Anyway, as you all know by now, I replaced a fouled spark plug and it ran on excellent. I then changed all the plugs. Still need to replace the wires.

I started out with the following lights:
Check engine: replaced plug, still on, replaced oil pressure switch, light now off
Stablitrack, brake and ABS light: ran code, replaced right front ABS speed sensor and connector from my parts Tahoe, light off.
Airbag: Unable to read code, internet searched said to check front impact sensors, they looked good, replaced drivers side one from my parts Tahoe, guessed on the right one (there are two) light off

Still need to to the following when I feel like it, got other projects to do:

1. Repair/Replace driver’s side door latch assembly (interior lights don't come on, other doors turn them on.

5. Heated seats don't work, another common problem, will check the fuses and module wiring under the passenger seat. Fuse fine, connector under passenger seat has the two "overheated" terminals.

6. Power running boards don't work, another common problem, will check the fuses, connections, and lube everything. Fuses fine, getting power, need to remove boards and lube everything.

7. Rear backup camera does not work, another common problem will check the fuses and connections.
Could not get the nuts off the to remove the rear assembly to access, the nut spun in the plastic housing, would like to get this working, I hooked up the 2010 camera and got the same error, I know that years are different. However the connectors had the same wires, go figure.

The instrument cluster plastic cover had a crack in it. I had acquired a 2010 cluster a year ago for $50 when I bought front fenders, and doors from a guy parting one out.
From what I read it would work, but you get a speedo error if it was not programmed. Since it was apart anyway to replace the cracked lense I plugged it and started it up. No errors, all DIC functions worked including the oil pressure. Was getting 38 PSI when cold at 50 degree outside temp. The odometer read 200K, so I am not to worried about getting reprogrammed for now.

Spent a weekend doing a "paint correction" on it. What that means for me is a lot of buffing chip repair. I also put on the stock 22's with nearly new tires and called it good for now. I also wet sanded and buffed the headlight at the same time.

Still need to repaint both bumper covers and the hood. The front bumper cover also needs to be realigned. It is sitting "low", note the gap between the hood. Should be an easy fix.

Overall, pretty happy so far, time will tell.

Mike 20210126_154332.jpg

Sanded and buffed headlight.
20210126_152704.jpg 20210126_152626.jpg

OP
OP

73TA

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will be added a post regarding the interior faux wood console "restoration" I did last week.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076