Questions Help about 2007 Tahoe Instrument Cluster / Key Fobs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum, not new to these trucks. I've owned a 2003 Yukon, 2005 Yukon and currently a 2007 Tahoe LTZ.

Long story on my instrument cluster debacle. Ran into the blank DIC problem. Tried to get it fixed locally. Kid couldn't repair it. Sold me another instrument cluster which, after installing it, the oil % and tire pressure functions did not work. I was supposed to go back and have them replace it again either with a used one they sourced or a new OEM cluster purchased by me but that never happened.

Couple of months ago I bought two new key Escalade key FOBs off ebay. Went to program them into the Tahoe and I could NOT find the menu item necessary to do it with the current "replacement" cluster. I used some steps I found on the internet. Honestly not sure if they were the correct ones so first:

Can anyone point me to the correct procedure to program new key FOBs for a 2007 Tahoe?

That said, I also want to replace the cluster. I am about to put a Dashskin dashcap on my cracked dash and I would like to get the cluster back to full OEM functionality before I do it. I want to ensure the oil %, tire pressure, and capability to re-program new key fobs all work.

Given that, what year model instrument clusters can I use? I did do some searching and I think I found that I "should" be able to install any cluster from 2007 to 2010 and still have the capability to re-program key FOBs through the DIC.

Also, since I have an LTZ does it matter what model truck the replacement cluster comes out of? Were there features in the DIC that were unique to only the LTZ model or will any cluster work?

I saw the thread for putting Escalade clusters in other trucks. Is that something I should consider rather than just an OEM used cluster replacement?

Thanks everyone!!!

OP
OP
thefirebirdman
Reaction score
Update:

Think I finally found the key FOB programming steps here on the Forum.

After posting I went to a local yard here in San Antonio during lunch and bought a used cluster. Swapped it in onsite to test it before I bought it.

Good news: The option to re-learn new remotes was available so mission accomplished there.
Bad news: With the new used cluster plugged in I am still not getting oil life percentage or tire pressure information.

This to me seems to indicate the oil life percentage and tire pressure problem is not directly related to the cluster itself since I now have two clusters that won't show that information. Now i only ran the truck with the new used cluster for about 10 minutes then swapped my old one back in to drive it back home.

Any thoughts on why these two DIC features are not working? They worked "Before" the kid hosed up my original trying to repair it. Other than somehow damaging the connector (which I will inspect more closely later this afternoon) I can't imagine anything else the kid could have done to affect those two functions.

Also, just a side note. Comparing the two clusters the original used replacement had the option to "Re-learn tire position" whereas that menu item seems to have been replaced with the "Re-learn new remotes" option in the new used cluster. Is this as simple as the new used one is 2007-2010 and the other is 2011+? Only thing I could think of...

OP
OP
thefirebirdman
Reaction score
Hey all, may be this is just not a common problem (would be a first on this truck) but I wanted to post a couple of pics of what I see on both clusters. If anyone has any thoughts or recommendations on what could be causing this, please let me know. I really assumed this problem was isolated to the older "replacement" cluster I've had in the truck for a few years now. I was not expecting this new "used" cluster to exhibit the same problem.

Also reading other posts I realize I may not have posted much information on the truck itself yet. Its a 2007 Tahoe LTZ with the 5.3l Flex V8. Highly optioned. No real modifications other than some exhaust work to install a nicer muffler for better sound and more airflow. Not a cat-back system, no headers. I recently had to have the transmission rebuilt. I'm in a local car club here in my area and I went through a guy in the club first. He attempted to rebuild the trans but it had more problems after and he attempted to diagnose those as well but ultimately I had to take it to a trans shop. One if his recommendations was to replace the ECM. That was $175 wasted as it did not help with the trans shifting problems at all. So the ECM has been swapped out with an ebay unit re-programmed with my VIN, BUT, I need to mention this issue with the gauges existed for years before the ECM was changed so I dont think that has any bearing. I have never replaced the oil sending unit but the gauges worked fine before the cluster swap. I am also running stock tire size (all 4 are new within a year) on aftermarket 20" rims but those rims were also installed long before the cluster was replaced and all the TPMS sensors worked fine (with the aftermarket rims) before the cluster swap.

Attachments

• IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    258.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
OP
OP
thefirebirdman
Reaction score
So update. Turns out the TPMS was just on me. All I needed to do was go through the re-learn procedure <smacks forehead>. Don't know why I never considered that before but glad I got it working again. So with the new "used" cluster that has the option back again to learn new remotes and the TPMS sensors now working I just have to figure out why the oil lifetime percentage is not working.

There are likely dozens of these articles but this is the one I used to have the truck "re-learn" the tpms sensors:

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So update. Turns out the TPMS was just on me. All I needed to do was go through the re-learn procedure <smacks forehead>. Don't know why I never considered that before but glad I got it working again. So with the new "used" cluster that has the option back again to learn new remotes and the TPMS sensors now working I just have to figure out why the oil lifetime percentage is not working.

There are likely dozens of these articles but this is the one I used to have the truck "re-learn" the tpms sensors:

Thanks for following up with the solution! Sorry I couldn't be more help to you when you were looking for answers.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't see these earlier posts. If my memory serves, a cluster has to be programmed via ACDelco's TDS system with a Tech-2 or equivalent.

Reaction score
Did you try resetting the oil life monitor by holding down the bottom button for a few seconds? Maybe like the TPMS it just needs to be reset

OP
OP
thefirebirdman
Reaction score
Did you try resetting the oil life monitor by holding down the bottom button for a few seconds? Maybe like the TPMS it just needs to be reset

I did. I wish it were that easy. I think @swathdiver may be right. Its not that it needs to be reset from something <10% back to 100% which is the normal reset , its not taking a reading at all. So its possible something has to be re-programmed. I'm having the new "used" cluster repaired later today and will then take the truck to the dealership.

Unless anyone in the San Antonio area has a Tech-2? Guess I need to go read that thread.

OP
OP
thefirebirdman
Reaction score
By the way, also wanted to post these pics with more information on the different options seen on the different clusters. Would sure like to better understand when/where these options come into play.

Current used cluster: P/N 15944011 (1st pic with option to re-learn tire positions)

New use cluster: P/N 25861675 (2nd pic with option to re-learn new remotes)

Both options are in the same menu slot.

Attachments

• IMG_0259.JPG
    IMG_0259.JPG
    327 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0267.JPG
    IMG_0267.JPG
    351.1 KB · Views: 6

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did. I wish it were that easy. I think @swathdiver may be right. Its not that it needs to be reset from something <10% back to 100% which is the normal reset , its not taking a reading at all. So its possible something has to be re-programmed. I'm having the new "used" cluster repaired later today and will then take the truck to the dealership.

Unless anyone in the San Antonio area has a Tech-2? Guess I need to go read that thread.
There is a thread on this forum of where guys live who have a Tech-2. DIC menu options can also change when GM Accessories are programmed into the vehicle such as the Tilt and Shock Sensors or 2-Way Advanced Remote Start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe Belgium