Installing Esky Roof Rack...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I'll be closing on an Esky roof rack in the next 24 hours, and it has black end caps in perfect condition. My question is, what do you guys think of leaving them black? My car is a dark color, I don't think it would look bad?

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Hopefully I'll be closing on an Esky roof rack in the next 24 hours, and it has black end caps in perfect condition. My question is, what do you guys think of leaving them black? My car is a dark color, I don't think it would look bad?

I wondered the same thing. Should look fine black, just looks even better color matched.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you color match them?! That's crazy not to.

...And don't click them into place to check how it looks. They can be a pain to get off once they're set in place.

OnE_bAd_HoE

Reaction score
Yes, color matched ill look alot better and it'll cost no more than $100 to get them painted

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any reason why I couldn't scuff with some 2000 grit and spray myself? Adhesion promotor->color match spray->clearcoat? They are relatively small pieces...

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

I plan on ordering a touchup pen from them for a rock mark anyway...

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Send em to me and I'll have them painted for ya. PM me if interested. Most folks can vouch for my painter.

Last edited: