Dealership Issue (Roof Rack Key)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shb500777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We bought our GMC Yukon XL in late November. It came with a roof rack installed (along with a few other dealer installed "options"). A week after purchase, I realized we had the wheel lock key, but not the rood rack key. I contacted the dealership (to remain un-named for now) and it took a while to get an answer... But eventually they said they would "mail the key". Nothing came in 2-3 weeks. Called a few more times, but this was around the holidays, nothing happened. Finally reached out to someone higher in the dealership in early February, they asked for the # on the roof rack and reported they would order keys from GMC and then have them shipped to me. Still have nothing, and have now left 2 messages with him without a return call. I plan to call back one more time today and see if I can get any updates... I thought there might be a delay on the keys? Who knows?

Either way, my question is where do I go next? Is there someone to talk to at GMC? Is there a best way to do that?

Thanks for any help! Have some trips planned for the summer and want to get this ironed out...

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
New or used? If new, someone needs to pony up. Maybe start climbing the org chart at the dealer until you get someone responsible enough to get involved. Used, might take longer since they may say it “lost” now. Same process though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan