I need all the help I can get.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fukt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. I just bought this 2005 gmc Yukon SLT and as I was goin through checking things I came up on this plug that was attached to the female but the female end was just layin there with two loose wires. Can anyone tell me what this plug is and where it goes? I’ve looked and looked but can not find the other end. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0966.jpeg
    IMG_0966.jpeg
    383.1 KB · Views: 13

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mate is laying down below in the trench between the fuel rail and intake. Or may be hanging down sort of behind the engine.

OP
OP
F

Fukt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. I’m assuming this is the knock sensor connector. I’m also assuming I’ll be taking the intake off in the morning to retrieve those pesky wires.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that wire long enough to reach the firewall? Just a thought, but GM had a windshield washer heater module on the firewall that they discontinued due to safety risks.

OP
OP
F

Fukt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It was the knock sensor wires. The previous owner just twisted and taped his splice and over time the heat rendered the elec tape inoperable. Couple of butt connectors worked just fine. I appreciate the replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz