I know, I know I am beating a dead horse!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vigilant

Reaction score
16 HP at the tires was before and after a dyno. The second run was quite a bit hotter than the first run 3 months earlier, probably 65 deg. VS 85 deg., but I didn't have a thermometer handy. It was the same dyno and experienced operator. I did not do it again after the tube, but BB did re-tune for it and I'd guess another 5-6 HP, so maybe 25 RWHP for both, at least on a 6.2, but my guess is that's pushing it.

What octane grade were you running?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have the BB Tune with the AIRAID Jr. kit on my 6.2 esky and I like it so far but I am noticing the shifting from 1 to 2 is a little rough so I am doing a data re-log on the AutoCal and having them re-tune it.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
91, it's the best we get in Ca. and all 6.2's should be running premium.

It took me like 4 tries to get it right. The 6 speed is a funky tranny. He will get it right.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Glad you got the autocal

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how is the tune treating you?

BB had a death in the family so they rescheduled, I am actually going on sunday. I instaled the AirAid MIT today so now I am like a kid on christmas eve waiting......

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took me like 4 tries to get it right. The 6 speed is a funky tranny. He will get it right.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Glad you got the autocal

Mine's still not right and I just haven't bothered doing anything about it. The 2-3 shift is too early unless I'm into the gas and they still need to be firmed up just a bit more. Goes like a ***** ape when you mat the pedal and shifts right at 6000 though. My last run in with an Esky or Denali was a couple months ago and he was sure I had a 5.3 with a blower when I pulled him good from a 35 mph roll. He had never seen a Tahoe with a 6.2.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea mine does the same thing I think... Definitely need to get it re-tuned. I figured I'd give it a while for the computer to relearn but it's still bad enough to want to do the whole data Ralog process again.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need to data re log. Jut let Justin know what it's doing and how you want it. He will know what to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo