I have a 2011 Chevy tahoe I have taken to dealership already for the gas tank not filling but shutting off.A new canister was installed did not help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pashalaci

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not that I know of.I need to know if I am being lied to.The new canister did not fix problem and all that cost over 400.00 already.The fuel tank will not take fuel keeps shutting down.This is a 2011 Tahoe chevy I took to Jim Brown Chevy

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They need to test the evap solenoid under the hood for being stuck closed. Common cause of this issue. I'm surprised they didn't start there first. Also ask them if all the charcoal was in the canister they replaced. If not, then the lines need to be blown out and could be limiting flow to the evap solenoid on the intake.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Like @B-train said, there are some inspections to be done and hopefully some codes were/are present to help point in the right direction. Were there codes or at least a CEL?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I know of.I need to know if I am being lied to.The new canister did not fix problem and all that cost over 400.00 already.The fuel tank will not take fuel keeps shutting down.This is a 2011 Tahoe chevy I took to Jim Brown Chevy
Bring it back and ask if they blew out the charcoal from the lines all the way up to the top of the engine. If you do not trust their work, bring it to another dealership. The work is warranted nationwide.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bring it back and ask if they blew out the charcoal from the lines all the way up to the top of the engine. If you do not trust their work, bring it to another dealership. The work is warranted nationwide.

It's the other end of the canister that will affect fueling - especially the line to the evap vent valve at the rear of the truck. Having said that, all of the evap lines that are around the tank and canister must be open inside. You could also have a defective filler tube; lots of items to inspect and test.

EDIT: and be sure to turn off the truck when fueling; that will command the evap vent valve to open with the ignition off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins