2021 Tahoe Shifter Module and Transmission problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Gocajuns74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A TAC, from what i understand, is a Support Hotline for the Service Dept at dealership.

A update to my situation isn't all that great at this point. We're 57 days out of service as of today. Apparently there's some water intrusion that has caused significant damage to Power diverter and more. They can't tell me where the water came from. They've changed out the Power Diverter and car still won't start. When the truck left my house, it would crank up just not shift. Now it won't even start. Last I heard they were going to change out the ECM. I've been on the phone with GM customer care and last week submitted for a buy back. I was supposed to have an update today. All I got is their still looking at it. I don't want this car back.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A TAC, from what i understand, is a Support Hotline for the Service Dept at dealership.

A update to my situation isn't all that great at this point. We're 57 days out of service as of today. Apparently there's some water intrusion that has caused significant damage to Power diverter and more. They can't tell me where the water came from. They've changed out the Power Diverter and car still won't start. When the truck left my house, it would crank up just not shift. Now it won't even start. Last I heard they were going to change out the ECM. I've been on the phone with GM customer care and last week submitted for a buy back. I was supposed to have an update today. All I got is their still looking at it. I don't want this car back.
Classic case of another bad service department. Sorry about your luck. They are just guessing at this point.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do agree that good technicians are in limited supply. I also believe that GM (as well as others) have pushed stuff out the door without really doing good life cycle testing as much.......fix it in the field as it comes in. I see it in the power generation field as well with the lower quality manufacturer(s).

Then there is the variable of assembly. Changes are made quite often as needed for efficiency, or to accommodate running changes. It sounds like you got a Friday or Monday truck - maybe someone wasn't quite up to speed for their task.....

I hope they figure it out, but I stand with you on having it bought back. It could be 100% good for many miles, or a constant pain in your a$$ for as long as you own it.

50/50 odds don't usually work out in my favor.........not sure what your track record is. LOL

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do agree that good technicians are in limited supply. I also believe that GM (as well as others) have pushed stuff out the door without really doing good life cycle testing as much.......fix it in the field as it comes in. I see it in the power generation field as well with the lower quality manufacturer(s).

Then there is the variable of assembly. Changes are made quite often as needed for efficiency, or to accommodate running changes. It sounds like you got a Friday or Monday truck - maybe someone wasn't quite up to speed for their task.....

I hope they figure it out, but I stand with you on having it bought back. It could be 100% good for many miles, or a constant pain in your a$$ for as long as you own it.

50/50 odds don't usually work out in my favor.........not sure what your track record is. LOL
Dude your thinking too much. These big legacy makers run like a sewing machine when it comes to production.

Please don't short change those guys by saying it's a Monday or Friday truck. The standards don't change and didn't for covid.

Dealer level is a different ball game as it's staff specific.

Now start ups are a whole different can of beans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14