I’m back with an Esky this time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have a friend that tells the vet every time, "If it's more than $300, just put him down." His bill is never more than $300 because she thinks he'll do it (he might). Lol.
I actually lol'd on that.
I couldn’t even say it. I understand why he does though, keeps them from running up the charges. When my poo/shit (poodle/shitzu) Peanut was still with us he had kidney stones at 7 years old and the vet told me she had to give me my options. I told her the only option is fixing my dog. $1100 dollars later he was good to go and they talked to me about his diet to prevent it from happening again. I said he’s 7, I’m not changing his food now. Almost 5 years later, same thing but not as bad. She said I have to consider my options. I said yeah my options are finding a vet that will fix him. If he’s healthy enough to do the surgery, that’s the only option. He was, and they did. $900 later, talked to me about his diet. Really? He’s 12, didn’t change it before, not changing it now. Peanut was a loyal little dog that had a personality of an old man. I had my vet come to the house when it was time to say my final farewell. He was 16 years old.
37908de95f51f87173b853d4a31a134a.jpg

7705523bcda549d6fb92bc2b0b9acce1.jpg

So you can see that I could never say if the bill is over X, I’ll put the dog down. I’ll spend whatever it takes as long as I know it’s not for my own selfish reasons.
7e82775c8d332dd2ca5c86ee7ac51a93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn you! After lol'ing @HiHoeSilver , you made me tear up for Peanut :mad:! Dammit:oops:. I dread that decision.20190517_072951.jpg 20190511_175446.jpg

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I actually lol'd on that.

Damn you! After lol'ing @HiHoeSilver , you made me tear up for Peanut :mad:! Dammit:oops:. I dread that decision.View attachment 229764 View attachment 229765

You might not want to read this one @Tonyrodz

I spent a lot of time on another forum for my K5 and met a lot of good people there, just as I have here. I think Fakebook and all these other instant social media outlets have really killed the forums. But when I had to go thru the hardest part of owning a pet, I shared my experience and it helped me thru it. Anyone that has been thru it, I’m sure this will really hit home and tug at a heart string you still have for your pet.

03-26-14
The time has come to say goodbye to the best friend I'll ever have. Walks get slower, sleeps get longer but every time you look his way his eyes are full of trust in you and belief that you will do what’s right when the time comes. And it’s “doing what’s right” that’s the hardest decision for any caring owner. It is the true test of the responsible owner to recognise that moment when we decide that as soon as he isn't enjoying life any more we would let him go humanely. So tempting to prolong your time with them for your own sake but look in a sick dog’s eyes and you can see when they’ve had enough. They cannot end it themselves and may linger on for months in pain or distress. It is the duty of a dog owner not to prolong their distress but to help them die in safety and without fear. This is the only thing that has helped me except the fact that Peanut has lived a full, happy, and great life. I had to drug him to get his hair cut for the last time on Monday. It's gonna be really hard to say that final fair well but I know it's for the best. He has been loyal, forgiving, and has helped me through some rough times. If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans. I've always said, to find out who loves you more, lock your dog and your wife in a closet for 4 hours and see who's happier to see you when you open the door. Peanut has developed dementia, wonders in circles, yelps at nothing, and has a lost look in his eyes that used to be full of love and compassion. I used to bet my friends that Peanut could eat a push-up or a piece of licorice faster than anyone and he never lost me money. This is gonna take some time to get over. I'm gonna try to make this happen on Monday if the vet can make it out to the house. I don't want to put him through the anxiety of going to the clinic. I know some, if not all of you, have been in this place before and know what it's like. It's not easy. It is a fearful thing to love what death can touch. But I have to keep telling myself, death ends a life, not a relationship. I'm going to have him cremated, only because I wasn't sure where to bury him. He didn't grow up in the house I'm in now, and I know I won't live here forever. So I think the only one real place to bury your best friend is in your heart. And that's where he will remain always.

04-04-14 1:13am
It's done. Dr was suppose to be here at 4pm but I got a call and they said he'll be there by 5. Then another call, said he's still in surgery and they will call when he's on his way. 6:14 got the call he was coming. 6:48 Peanut took his last breath. He was sitting on my lap shaking and crying, scared shitless not knowing what the strange man was doing to him. Lola was blocked by a gate in the kitchen barking and crying trying to see what Peanut was crying about. Dr put some rubbing alcohol on Pete's back leg, tied on the tourniquet, and stuck the needle in. Only took about 8 sec after it started. I held my poor old dogs head, repeatedly told him I loved him and that he would be missed. His tiny little body was limp but his eyes remained open. Dr gave me a few minutes with him before he gently took him from me and asked if I was ok. I looked him straight in the face with tears coming from my eyes and said " I'm so ******* far from ok it isn't funny." It hurt so bad letting Peanut go. I feel so selfish and disgusted even thou I know deep down it was the right thing to do. This is gonna take some time to get over. I don't know why, I'm not an emotional person, but I broke down twice already. Once when my mom called to check on me and the other out of nowhere when I got out of shower and pulled his collar out of my pocket. I could never imagine losing a child, I don't think I could or would want to live thru that. So now it's over. It's been 6 hrs and 20 min, my head is pounding, I haven't eaten all day, and I just feel a huge hole in my heart. It'll be a little while before I get past this. I know I'm such a little girl but Peanut was my best friend for 16 years.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You might not want to read this one @Tonyrodz

I spent a lot of time on another forum for my K5 and met a lot of good people there, just as I have here. I think Fakebook and all these other instant social media outlets have really killed the forums. But when I had to go thru the hardest part of owning a pet, I shared my experience and it helped me thru it. Anyone that has been thru it, I’m sure this will really hit home and tug at a heart string you still have for your pet.

03-26-14
The time has come to say goodbye to the best friend I'll ever have. Walks get slower, sleeps get longer but every time you look his way his eyes are full of trust in you and belief that you will do what’s right when the time comes. And it’s “doing what’s right” that’s the hardest decision for any caring owner. It is the true test of the responsible owner to recognise that moment when we decide that as soon as he isn't enjoying life any more we would let him go humanely. So tempting to prolong your time with them for your own sake but look in a sick dog’s eyes and you can see when they’ve had enough. They cannot end it themselves and may linger on for months in pain or distress. It is the duty of a dog owner not to prolong their distress but to help them die in safety and without fear. This is the only thing that has helped me except the fact that Peanut has lived a full, happy, and great life. I had to drug him to get his hair cut for the last time on Monday. It's gonna be really hard to say that final fair well but I know it's for the best. He has been loyal, forgiving, and has helped me through some rough times. If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans. I've always said, to find out who loves you more, lock your dog and your wife in a closet for 4 hours and see who's happier to see you when you open the door. Peanut has developed dementia, wonders in circles, yelps at nothing, and has a lost look in his eyes that used to be full of love and compassion. I used to bet my friends that Peanut could eat a push-up or a piece of licorice faster than anyone and he never lost me money. This is gonna take some time to get over. I'm gonna try to make this happen on Monday if the vet can make it out to the house. I don't want to put him through the anxiety of going to the clinic. I know some, if not all of you, have been in this place before and know what it's like. It's not easy. It is a fearful thing to love what death can touch. But I have to keep telling myself, death ends a life, not a relationship. I'm going to have him cremated, only because I wasn't sure where to bury him. He didn't grow up in the house I'm in now, and I know I won't live here forever. So I think the only one real place to bury your best friend is in your heart. And that's where he will remain always.

04-04-14 1:13am
It's done. Dr was suppose to be here at 4pm but I got a call and they said he'll be there by 5. Then another call, said he's still in surgery and they will call when he's on his way. 6:14 got the call he was coming. 6:48 Peanut took his last breath. He was sitting on my lap shaking and crying, scared shitless not knowing what the strange man was doing to him. Lola was blocked by a gate in the kitchen barking and crying trying to see what Peanut was crying about. Dr put some rubbing alcohol on Pete's back leg, tied on the tourniquet, and stuck the needle in. Only took about 8 sec after it started. I held my poor old dogs head, repeatedly told him I loved him and that he would be missed. His tiny little body was limp but his eyes remained open. Dr gave me a few minutes with him before he gently took him from me and asked if I was ok. I looked him straight in the face with tears coming from my eyes and said " I'm so ******* far from ok it isn't funny." It hurt so bad letting Peanut go. I feel so selfish and disgusted even thou I know deep down it was the right thing to do. This is gonna take some time to get over. I don't know why, I'm not an emotional person, but I broke down twice already. Once when my mom called to check on me and the other out of nowhere when I got out of shower and pulled his collar out of my pocket. I could never imagine losing a child, I don't think I could or would want to live thru that. So now it's over. It's been 6 hrs and 20 min, my head is pounding, I haven't eaten all day, and I just feel a huge hole in my heart. It'll be a little while before I get past this. I know I'm such a little girl but Peanut was my best friend for 16 years.

Dammit, dammit, dammit.
You did the right thing by him Jim. Even tho mine is a huge pita alot of times, I love her to pieces. I hope you've healed some. I know you'll never forget your little buddy. They have such caring, trusting souls. How could we ever let them down? I teared up a little bit--DAMN YOU :oops: for finding my soft spot :).

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Lost a pug after 14 and English bully after 11. Now we’re on French bully @ 12 and American bully @ 3 named Talulah. The last 3 were rescued. In 60 days Talulah tore a dog ACL and not sure how, almost perforated her cornea !?!!

60 days later were into the far end of $11k in surgery, Rx dog food, eye exams and script. She’s an inside dog and with the family 24/7. Had me sedate her for 2 wks rotating hot/cold packs. It takes a tribe for Talulah but the pic says it all, couch eating Godzilla in a puppy body.

71b9f86709183914f5baf55cf6c92032.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just read this thread from the beginning. I’m amazed and jealous of your skills, and that’s got more to do with your job, than the wife’s Esky. [emoji6] keep on getting it done Brother. I know exactly how it goes, though I have more down time than you, I’m in a similar boat. Keep posting whatever you want, and you’ll certainly have a group of listeners/ readers watching how things get done. [emoji16][emoji106]

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Lost a pug after 14 and English bully after 11. Now we’re on French bully @ 12 and American bully @ 3 named Talulah. The last 3 were rescued. In 60 days Talulah tore a dog ACL and not sure how, almost perforated her cornea !?!!

60 days later were into the far end of $11k in surgery, Rx dog food, eye exams and script. She’s an inside dog and with the family 24/7. Had me sedate her for 2 wks rotating hot/cold packs. It takes a tribe for Talulah but the pic says it all, couch eating Godzilla in a puppy body.

71b9f86709183914f5baf55cf6c92032.jpg

That’s awesome. I’m right there with ya and would have done the same. Good looking dog too. The world needs more pet owners like you.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Just read this thread from the beginning. I’m amazed and jealous of your skills, and that’s got more to do with your job, than the wife’s Esky. [emoji6] keep on getting it done Brother. I know exactly how it goes, though I have more down time than you, I’m in a similar boat. Keep posting whatever you want, and you’ll certainly have a group of listeners/ readers watching how things get done. [emoji16][emoji106]

Thanks bro. I appreciate that. I’m hoping to get into some more technical stuff here soon. I got side tracked with the dog stuff but it’s a big part of what I’ve got going right now.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Spent today doing yard work, suppose to rain 2mrw. Then decided to get driveway pressure washed, been 2 years since I did it. Anyway, got that done and I’m pulling vehicles back into driveway and I decided to straighten a chain link fence post. I have a chain link fence separating my concrete driveway from my neighbors gravel driveway and at the end before sidewalk the post has been leaning towards his side so I lined up the back of my truck with post and used tow strap and come-a-long off my hitch. Post moved easily, should have done it months ago.

Reason for my story, not the fence post, I notice red paint on my hand. What did I touch that was red?
8df44ab3bf2e4b4845bbdd3fe691bdc7.jpg

On the left hand too.
9acb634b8cbd1714ec2411ae491eafb0.jpg

Then I found it.
d4d21a61588b4946be5f2a132ff10cd5.jpg

Not sure if I pinched it or got skinned by cable. Come-a-long is new and cable is not frayed so I’m not sure how it happened but it’s deep. This is one of the side effects from having my ass skin on the outside of my hands. So lesson of the day: wear gloves dumbass!! Time for some superglue and electrical tape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh