HVAC blower reduces output during phone calls. Is this normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djsassan

Reaction score
Quick question - I can have the AC on full blast, but when I go to make a call it reduces down to the lowest speed. I would assume this is for noise reduction.

1) Is this normal and does your vehicle do this?

2) Is there a way to override this?

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Quick question - I can have the AC on full blast, but when I go to make a call it reduces down to the lowest speed. I would assume this is for noise reduction.

Our crew van does the same thing it’s normal but I don’t know how to override it

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is normal. Was normal on my last two new GM vehicles.

I’m not aware of a way to override other than transfer the call from Bluetooth back to the handset and hold it up to your ear.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Remember when the radio volume would increase a little when you accelerated hard?

Silverado4x4

Reaction score

My 2019 Silverado does this also so does our 2022 Tahoe

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember!
SCV- Speed-Compensated Volume. And it was easily adjusted or defeated by a knob behind the main volume knob.
practically all of my vehicles have this option, both oem and aftermarket.
and the ac fan speed reduction is circumvented on my denali with a aftermarket radio but I am sure it could made to work again with programming thru the maestro rr
the 12, 16 & 18 have automatic volume (can be turned on or off) might also be a option on the 05 oem radio but it's sitting on a shelf. the fan speed reduction, may or may not be able to be turned off I haven't checked, but most likely not

MN1965

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's not a permanent over ride, but manually turning the fan control will bring mine back up during a call. It takes it out of "auto" HVAC mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts