Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darwinsgospel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased the vehicle 4 months ago and noticed some issues early on but I am now piecing things together and I figure they must be related.

1. Power door locks
At random times the locks will cycle when i am driving. The most it has ever gone on for is about 10 minutes and some times there will be days between episodes. Furthermore, i have episodes where, when i attempt to enter the vehicle (while parked and engine is off) the doors keep relocking. I will unlock with the fob and they will immediately relock. I end up having to quickly open the door immediately after unlocking with the fob.

2. Phone Connection:
A. Wired Connection: I have an android device and when i plug in it will connect to the android auto. Every time I connect everything will function fine for an unspecified amount of time after which it will kick me out. I will unplug and plug back in at which point it works again. I drive for my job and there will be days when it will kick me out every few minutes and there will be other days where I won't have issues for several hours but it happens almost every day.
B. Bluetooth Connection: When the wired connection cuts out frequently I will sometimes switch to the bluetooth connection even though it is less convenient but I usually just keep unplugging/plugging. Today is the first time I noticed an issue with bluetooth connection. While listening to a podcast the volume cut out but it appeared as though it was still playing. I disconnected/reconnected the phone and everything resumed. This repeated a few times after which I looked further and the screen showed that it was trying to connect to a phone call but with only my phone number listed as though the phone was trying to call itself. No ringing or other audio was heard during this process. I canceled the phone call and it confirmed that the call was ended but the audio didn't resume.

I don't want to send the vehicle to the dealer yet until I have a better idea as to what could be going on. Any ideas?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased the vehicle 4 months ago and noticed some issues early on but I am now piecing things together and I figure they must be related.

1. Power door locks
At random times the locks will cycle when i am driving. The most it has ever gone on for is about 10 minutes and some times there will be days between episodes. Furthermore, i have episodes where, when i attempt to enter the vehicle (while parked and engine is off) the doors keep relocking. I will unlock with the fob and they will immediately relock. I end up having to quickly open the door immediately after unlocking with the fob.

2. Phone Connection:
A. Wired Connection: I have an android device and when i plug in it will connect to the android auto. Every time I connect everything will function fine for an unspecified amount of time after which it will kick me out. I will unplug and plug back in at which point it works again. I drive for my job and there will be days when it will kick me out every few minutes and there will be other days where I won't have issues for several hours but it happens almost every day.
B. Bluetooth Connection: When the wired connection cuts out frequently I will sometimes switch to the bluetooth connection even though it is less convenient but I usually just keep unplugging/plugging. Today is the first time I noticed an issue with bluetooth connection. While listening to a podcast the volume cut out but it appeared as though it was still playing. I disconnected/reconnected the phone and everything resumed. This repeated a few times after which I looked further and the screen showed that it was trying to connect to a phone call but with only my phone number listed as though the phone was trying to call itself. No ringing or other audio was heard during this process. I canceled the phone call and it confirmed that the call was ended but the audio didn't resume.

I don't want to send the vehicle to the dealer yet until I have a better idea as to what could be going on. Any ideas?
always best to start at the battery and battery cables.
if the battery is older than 3 years, replace it
remove the battery cables and wire brush them and battery post's even if "they look ok"
then see how it goes from there. If the problem continues there are other steps to take.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
03yukonxldenali