How To:Samsung Galaxy Tab Stereo for Bose trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just picked up an app that works and im posting this from my tablet tethered to my phone. **** you att

FLDataTeK

Sanitation Engineer
Reaction score
Yep....

I don't have that problem.. I have one of the old Virgin Mobile (Sprint) $25 a month unlimited data plans and I have never had a problem with to much data.. And I have streamed the crap out of Pandora all month long.

All my phones have either been Jailbroke and unlocked or rooted.. I won't own a phone if I can't pwn it..

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ivd been lazy. Once i m in to do this I'll tether. I'm running slimrom jelly bean rooted. Love my unlimited. Stream spotify, Netflix, hulu, torrents.

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the iphone 4S jailbroken and tethered onto my iPad and att still caught it. I just got the galaxy S3 and no nothing about the android system. I'm assuming rooted is the jailbreak for android? Does anyone know of an app that can allow me to tether without having to buy the plan?

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i notice the edge of the tablet lines up just perfectly with the trim panel on the dash... do you think an 8" tablet would make it look better by being more screen and less of the tablets edge showing?

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just completed this install myself. I don't think an 8" tablet would fit because this specific 7" tablet sits basically on top of the heater controls, so It wont center with the double din hole. Plus with the wires installed there isn't really any room left to right either. It would be nice to be all screen in the double din slot but, you would need to modify the dash. The nice thing about this install is obviously no modification needed to the dash and is a pretty straight forward install

Last edited:
OP
OP
ballsie

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i notice the edge of the tablet lines up just perfectly with the trim panel on the dash... do you think an 8" tablet would make it look better by being more screen and less of the tablets edge showing?

An 8" tab might be too big. I know the iPad mini is WAY too big to fit without cutting up the dash and it's less than 8". I tried the iPad mini before I installed the Samsung.

04blackout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know guys, thanks. One thing I never thought about is the fact that I will lose all rear audio functions with this mod. Its really nice that we can listen to our pandora station while our kids listen to their cds in the back. Losing that may not be a good thing...

FLDataTeK

Sanitation Engineer
Reaction score
Well I got mine wired up better now so it feeds into the head unit and the power is below and works with the RAP session. Its not as clean as installing it permanently but it works for something that is removable.

tablet2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys