how to install tow mirrors for 88-94 stlye interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
ok well heres a tutorial on the mirror instal. firs off you need to get the screw that is ontop of the part where you close the door from the inside
IMAG0364_zps54cd9ef1.jpg
[/IMG] once you get it off you will need to put the filips head screw driver in the trim that holds the power windows and locks. theres 2 clips and its easy to get off
IMAG0363_zpsaa0778ff.jpg
[/IMG] now pop the clipsthat go around the handle and locks. there are a couple of clips so put it in and pop them out carefully. from top to bottom but the left and bottome one can be tricky
IMAG0365_zps3b75c45e.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0366_zps6b354343.jpg
[/IMG] now its time to pop the panel off. remeber some will break its gonna happen just try not o bust more than 3
IMAG0367_zps781a30ec.jpg
[/IMG] i do it from the outer side then go down the go up on the inner side and it works good for me. next you can do 2 things. you can unplug the buttons or put everything throught the panel. i couldnt get them unplugged so i went through the panel
IMAG0368_zpsd74c31d4.jpg
[/IMG] now with the panel out of the way you can access the bolts to the mirrors. remove the foam by pulling it out
IMAG0369_zps74ca4010.jpg
[/IMG] the bolts are 10mm size and i used a socket and extension for the outer 2 and the 10mm and small rachet on the inner one. this is the inner one
IMAG0371_zpsc547ed8c.jpg
[/IMG] once all bolts are out the mirror is holding on by the foam so just start pulling and it will come out. now you can disconect the mirror. on the passenger side you can take this off and unplug it from here
IMAG0370_zpsda225c3e.jpg
[/IMG] or take the trim off on the inside which takes more time. once unplugged bolt the bottom 2 bolts in the mirror first then place the metal on the door and bolt it up for no vibration
IMAG0373_zps6af85b66.jpg
[/IMG] you can put the foam in before or after the plate i did both ways.now just reverse the dissasembly and your done. one thing tho is on driver side it unplugs at the mirror because the plug at the bottom splices with the power locks and button that controls the mirrors
IMAG0377_zpsbff25130.jpg
[/IMG] thats about it if yall have any questions pm me or ask away on here. this is also similar on the 95-98 but you dont need to remove the door panel.
IMAG0374_zps7deef948.jpg
[/IMG]
IMAG0378_zpscb4dfd15.jpg
[/IMG] thanks and sticky would be great

Last edited:

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good write up but where are pics of the mirriors on??

SPLmonster13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are yours powered?, Don is working on his, does anyone have powered tows?

OP
OP
Gzes

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
No mine arent powered but to make the power ones work they should be a plugin and for the lights just splice into the corner or turn signals

SCHUBS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i am looking into getting the ones with heated and turn signals, but how do you like those ones? how is the visibility?, do they viberate/shake at higher speeds? make any wind noise?

OP
OP
Gzes

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I lobe them but adjusting them takes a lil effort but with the black plate it doenst vibrate at all and i also rock subs and shakes the whole truck my old mirrors vibrated with the subs and these do not. Very good investment

KPOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am looking into getting the ones with heated and turn signals, but how do you like those ones? how is the visibility?, do they viberate/shake at higher speeds? make any wind noise?

Do you have a link for these?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011