How to install E-Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thesquier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok this may sound dumb but the 2005 and up GM full size trucks and suvs came with the electric fans that will fit into my radiator support on my 04 Z?

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok this may sound dumb but the 2005 and up GM full size trucks and suvs came with the electric fans that will fit into my radiator support on my 04 Z?

i think as long as you have the 34" radiator you are fine. at least on my 01 it was. super easy install with BB harness

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so does the green wire go into the PCM loom? or spliced into the wire by the alternator?

Fellas pay attention to the model year before you give out misinformation. For 01 you tap into the harness next to the alternator. That is your a/c tap that cycles the passenger side fan with your a/c compressor.

Last edited:

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up an electric fan set up at a local scrap yard. Its off a 2006 Yukon. I know I could have gone with a set on rock Auto but I wanted to save a bit. I paid $100. Is that a reasonable price?

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up an electric fan set up at a local scrap yard. Its off a 2006 Yukon. I know I could have gone with a set on rock Auto but I wanted to save a bit. I paid $100. Is that a reasonable price?

How many miles where on vehicle you took it off? I just paid @$40 more for a brand new one on amazon. Waiting to meet up with Justin so I can get them on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DGeneration420