How to install E-Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro...I know I kinda half-assed it...but I did it to try and help..hope it worked for you!

Do you have any pictures of the install? and did you get dual fans?

Yeah, I have a bunch of pics. Write up is good and clear. I won an auction for the new OEM dual fan setup with the Nelson harness. I'll look for the pics..

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just did mine and waiting for my tune date next weekend to get the #42 pin activated. I bought the fans off eBay and they came with the Nelson Performance wiring harness. I noticed Nelsons' has only the blue #42 wire that goes to the blue harness on the PCM. The green wire taps into a green wire in the harness that goes to the engine. Odd but it works.. Since the #42 pin isn't activated yet I hooked up a switch that sends a negative pulse to the blue wire hence activating the low speed on the fans.
The high speed comes on once the AC is turned on like it should..

With the Nelson harness, since it is only single PIN, the fans will always be on when the AC is on. With the dual PIN, the fans only come on when the temps are appropriate and when the AC temps are appropriate.

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the Nelson harness, since it is only single PIN, the fans will always be on when the AC is on. With the dual PIN, the fans only come on when the temps are appropriate and when the AC temps are appropriate.

would you suggest I go with one of your harnesses? Do yours activate the fans when necessary? Since the tune will be this weekend, can Justin bring one along?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The harness you have should work fine, you just wont have the fully optimized fan control. Shoot me an email ([email protected]) and I can give you some more details.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The harness you have should work fine, you just wont have the fully optimized fan control. Shoot me an email ([email protected]) and I can give you some more details.

Does that mean when the AC clutch comes on, your BB harness will come on if the heat exchange temp is high enough?

B

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The PCM will turn on the fans (via the harness) when the AC pressure, coolant temp, or both are high enough.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome, I recieved my harness yaay!

I do have a question, mine is a 02 and the harness I recvd has a blue PIN wire and a green AC tap wire (no PIN attached). So where/how does the green "AC tap" one attach

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The green A/C tap wires should be tapped into the similarly colored wire in the loom running vertical next to the alternator bracket.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, what I found a little confusing was your harness goes from blue->orange and black->orange. It looks nice/neat but for a puller fan, which is the positive-Black?

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt