How to install E-Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the Nelson harness, since it is only single PIN, the fans will always be on when the AC is on. With the dual PIN, the fans only come on when the temps are appropriate and when the AC temps are appropriate.

Yours is a single PIN on the harness too? Sounds like we really need a more dumbed down version of this for the dummies like me. Either that or be careful how to explain this.

The wires get pushed into the clip...in the same direction as all the stock wires...you have to read the numbers on the clip and find the correct slot for the wire...then push the pin (end of the wire) through the back of the clip

You can PM me if you need

Also, nobody confirmed the blue PIN# that Bliz was saying he wasn't 100% sure on. Is it #42 like the nelson?

B

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you running Flex-a-lite fans? The polarity is set up correctly. The blue wire is the fuseible link that should not be modified.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you running Flex-a-lite fans? The polarity is set up correctly. The blue wire is the fuseible link that should not be modified.

Yes Flexalite, according to their instructions black is + for a puller out of the box.

So you're saying black BB harness goes to the black Flexalite fan for +?

And blue to blue.

B

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yours is a single PIN on the harness too? Sounds like we really need a more dumbed down version of this for the dummies like me. Either that or be careful how to explain this.

Also, nobody confirmed the blue PIN# that Bliz was saying he wasn't 100% sure on. Is it #42 like the nelson?

B

It is a single pin for your application. 2003+ we have dual pin harnesses available. Blue Pin 42 is correct as shown on the tag on the harness itself.

As for fusing, none is necessary. There is a fusible link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusible_link) installed to each wire going to the fans. If there is ANY problem, which there should not be if all is operating properly, the link in the harness will burn before there will be any damage to any other component.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Yes Flexalite, according to their instructions black is + for a puller out of the box.

So you're saying black BB harness goes to the black Flexalite fan for +?

And blue to blue.

B

You'll have to trace the wires up a bit farther past the fusible link to determine polarity.

These harnesses are built with the OEM fan setup in mind.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, this is easy for someone who knows what they are doing...unfortunately that is not me today, it's confusing as hell

B

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll have to trace the wires up a bit farther past the fusible link to determine polarity.

These harnesses are built with the OEM fan setup in mind.

Ok I did that earlier to find the black/blue..so I'm assuming the black is + correct?

I mean I can just hook it up and see but I'd rather not, my water pump is out and I'm doing other stuff...sorry for being a pain in the ass

B

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black is never positive, it is universally known as a ground.

:) I had to chuckle when I read that, the Flexalite instructions say the black wire is + for puller, that's the most confusing part about this and probably the only reason I'm asking questions LOL

B

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flexalites wires may be backwards, can't help you out there.

I understand of course. I think it's strange that they have blue and black combo, must be some electronics standard if your connections are reversible to use that color combo instead of red/black.

Which threw me off further because your harness' short connection to the fan is a blue/black cable when you pull back the orange/orange.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j