How to install E-Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwmmatt23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have an 01 tahoe and my question is will i be able to turn the pin on to run electric fans in my truck? a local place told me i might not have the pin on my ecm.

I hope you have the pin if not im S.O.L. everything i have read indicates that we do

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys i need some help!! the green wire for the ac isnt turning on my passenger side fan! it works when i test it with a test light, turn positive when i turn on the ac. but when i connect the green wire from the BB harness it doesnt do anything. seems to be not enough voltage to turn on the relay. i even tried another relay and it wont trigger them. any one have this issue before? how did you guys test for the right wire??

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys i need some help!! the green wire for the ac isnt turning on my passenger side fan! it works when i test it with a test light, turn positive when i turn on the ac. but when i connect the green wire from the BB harness it doesnt do anything. seems to be not enough voltage to turn on the relay. i even tried another relay and it wont trigger them. any one have this issue before? how did you guys test for the right wire??

This is the right wire you need to connect to on the bottom of the underhood fuse block.
DSC03135.jpg

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and where do we buy these fans and harness?

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok quick question. has anyone done the E fan upgrade but with a standard after market (summit, jegs) fans and wire them in and use the threw the louvers like you can get at the parts store or order Online. VS the factory housing.. i am simply curious.. i am going to try and find some factory fans but may have had no luck so far.. and this is a back up plane.. we can call it "THE PLAN B"

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok quick question. has anyone done the E fan upgrade but with a standard after market (summit, jegs) fans and wire them in and use the threw the louvers like you can get at the parts store or order Online. VS the factory housing.. i am simply curious.. i am going to try and find some factory fans but may have had no luck so far.. and this is a back up plane.. we can call it "THE PLAN B"

I've done it. It works great if you do it right.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
call me crazy, but I swear Rock Auto has the factory fans for $146! They are Dorman which is the factory brand. I'm kicking myself for not looking here before sifting through the local junkyards. I paid more for mine out of an 05 Kon.

I'm pretty sure the NNBS fans will fit the NBS since the layout is the same, even the fan motor connections. only difference seems to be the fan blade count is higher and more curved.

Had I found these earlier I would have been the guineau pig to see if they fit. FWIW I paid about $250 for my junkyard take offs..ugh.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can you make a better link it didnt go to the fans.. thanks

bc for that price i will order a set and call it a day..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish