How To: clean the EGR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you just did not really need it then.

True, by the way I did change the muffler to s50 flow master I gained noticeable amount of power but I lost some of the low end torque the shop told me that the pre installed muffler wasn't made for this model it was huge but the output was less than stock islt was made locally

I love the sound I am falling in love again with my tahoe I guess it is getting the respect it deserves ;)

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can have the EGR tuned out along with other thing that might get in the way. Like your downstream O2 sensors, activating E fans, etc.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can have the EGR tuned out along with other thing that might get in the way. Like your downstream O2 sensors, activating E fans, etc.

Regarding the O2 sens I am getting the P0420 and P0430 codes every few days and the SG2 cannot read the fuel air ratio it is stuck on 16 all the time

Do I have to replace them or just clean them I canceled the cats

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Unless you get a tuned muffler setup you will loose something somewhere. That is why i suggest tuned cat-back kit from exhaust manufacturers.

Certain egr codes can be cleared up some others require replacement.

420 & 430 indicate that the cats are wearing out chemically. as long as the substrate does not melt you should be fine performance wise for the most part.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you get a tuned muffler setup you will loose something somewhere. That is why i suggest tuned cat-back kit from exhaust manufacturers.

Certain egr codes can be cleared up some others require replacement.

420 & 430 indicate that the cats are wearing out chemically. as long as the substrate does not melt you should be fine performance wise for the most part.

Hmm, I tried to race few other models the results was great I know it is only a muffler not a super charge but still I am getting good results for mid and hi range what I am concerned about is the low range I think if I added the right CAI I could solve it but before that I want to do the throttle body replacement with bigger one, wait this is the list:

1- K&N 57-3013-2 - K&N 57 Series FIPK Air Intakes
Or
Volant 15957 - Volant Cool Air Intake Systems

2- MSD Ignition 8231 - MSD Blaster OEM Replacement Coils
Or
Accel 140024 - ACCEL Remote Super Coils

3- MSD Ignition 32169 - MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Spark Plug Wire Sets

4- ACDelco 41-993 - ACDelco Professional Platinum Spark Plugs "have it waiting for fitting"

5- Hayden Automotive 679 - Hayden Fluid Coolers (trans cooler)

6- modified throttle body.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
k&n 57-3013-2

MSD 8231 coil and 32169 wires. When you get the chance. Do the ignition box and cap/rotor as well. The extra ignition discharge will help ensure a good firing which is good with a ported throttle body and FIPK when you do a a fast throttle movement from close to open. Makes for good whiplash.

Delco 41-993 or Autolite xp605 will do great.

Do you not already have a tranny cooler mounted in front of the condenser on the bottom right side behind the grill?

Pics in my photobucket if you want to see what the setup looks like.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
k&n 57-3013-2

MSD 8231 coil and 32169 wires. When you get the chance. Do the ignition box and cap/rotor as well. The extra ignition discharge will help ensure a good firing which is good with a ported throttle body and FIPK when you do a a fast throttle movement from close to open. Makes for good whiplash.

Delco 41-993 or Autolite xp605 will do great.

Do you not already have a tranny cooler mounted in front of the condenser on the bottom right side behind the grill?

Pics in my photobucket if you want to see what the setup looks like.

Thank you fir the help, I did yesterday replaced the sparks as you said Delco 41-993 it is great and soon well order the rest too thank you well report with the updates :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN