hitch cover keeps coming off!!??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone having any problem with the hitch cover coming off? It will come unhooked at the top and it will be hanging from the bottom 1/4 turn screws about once a week. Wonder if the dealer replaces it, will that solve the problem.

m332is

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took mine off and it is sitting in the garage.

Vince

Punisher66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw one laying at the exit of the car wash the other day. Just got blown off by the dyers with out the owner even knowing. I would just take it off, eventually it will get lost.

Poncherello

Reaction score
Anyone having any problem with the hitch cover coming off? It will come unhooked at the top and it will be hanging from the bottom 1/4 turn screws about once a week. Wonder if the dealer replaces it, will that solve the problem.

Mine's been fine but it's only been a month :party33:

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had no problems with mine... worst comes to worst, just hot glue it in there... easy to take off if needed

catnhat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Velcro.

1. Put a piece about 2" long on left and right side above the reciever leaving the adhseive side open towards the cover.
2. Install the cover,
3. Press firmly to adhere to cover in velcro locations.
4. Drive away "secured"

Been working for 2.5 years for me!

Erebos

Reaction score
Velcro.

1. Put a piece about 2" long on left and right side above the reciever leaving the adhseive side open towards the cover.
2. Install the cover,
3. Press firmly to adhere to cover in velcro locations.
4. Drive away "secured"

Been working for 2.5 years for me!

You got any pics on yours? I just got the unit on mine and boy, that one page of instruction that came was it was a piece of crap. I think that they have slightly change the rear bumper from the inside on the 2010 because it seems like it already has all the holes where you can just slide the cover over without drilling or punching any additional hole.

Mr. B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lost one of mine. Got another one and drilled a hole by each 1/4 turn and put a nut and bolt through it. Good thing I did, I'll had the top tabs come out several times since putting the new one on. Won't lose it with the bolts on there.

I'm going to try the velcro trick though, to help keep the tabs from coming out.