Hide amplifier under console? Where to run power wires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bracket Def makes the console sturdy. I took mine out and it was Hella wobbly

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting...so the bose lux trucks dont have brackets? What do those 3 screws you have connect to? I was really hoping to use whatever you used but I'm heavy armed lol and dont know if I'll be happy with no bracket....

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without having both consoles side-by-side, I couldn't say. I wouldn't say the Escalade console is wobbly, I think its mainly the two part console lid that feels flimsy. I would have to imagine that all the Chevrolet/GMC consoles have the metal bracket regardless of the type of amplifier.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without having both consoles side-by-side, I couldn't say. I wouldn't say the Escalade console is wobbly, I think its mainly the two part console lid that feels flimsy. I would have to imagine that all the Chevrolet/GMC consoles have the metal bracket regardless of the type of amplifier.
Right, thats what I was thinking but when I look at the bracket in mine (i'll hopefully take a look again in the near future), the space for the amp is minimal. I was hoping the Escalade had a different bracket to hold a bigger amp. Could be the same though.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this the spot you're talking about for running the power wires through on the passenger side?

5F184ACD-3F8F-4187-9620-4204D615859E.jpeg 467876D9-352A-4C7B-A7DD-10C992B3F3DB.jpeg

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went slightly up and more towards the middle of the car. I definitely drilled in the textured area, not the smooth part. I would say 4 inches to the left and 4 inches up from the circled area on the left.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured drilling through the sound deadener might make the grommet sit funny or something. I decided to go ahead and order new cables rather than use what I already had and I also decided to go ahead and run the ground all the way to the battery rather than grounding to the chassis so maybe I'll get the wires run this weekend and then I can get going on the rest.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it helps, I used one of the stock subwoofer mounting bolts as a ground. Its already down in that area so no cutting and short wires will work. Strongly recommend that over cutting a second hole from battery. Even if you are keeping subwoofer, you can clean one of the 3 bolts mounting subwoofer and use that for amp, especially the one that sits right under the cup holders. I have done this with success. I did have a little engine noise but that was due to my ppi 900.4 gains being too high (or atleast it went away when the gains were brought down from 1/2 to 1/4). I had to adjust speaker level settings on HU to have rears at -5 so I knew they were too high to begin with.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noise is what I’m worried about. I’ve got an auxiliary adapter that charges at the same time and it has a tiny bit of whine that drives me crazy. I’m hoping the DSP will help combat that. I’ve already ordered the cable, what’s two holes when I’m already drilling one?

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, there is no right or wrong way, but my recommended ground was easier. You could test before using and save tons of wiring. Regardless, the battery is right there which helps your scenario. Hope it all works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan