Hide amplifier under console? Where to run power wires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used TruConnect 0 gauge amp kit with no issues. Used a grommet ofcourse. After removing wheel well, you can see a layer where it looks a little easier to drill. I just wanted to make sure the hole wouldnt hurt anything inside the car but also wanted to avoid passenger from feeling cable when stepping which is dam near impossible with all the layers. But you'll find a comfy spot. That amp you suggested is pretty thin. I used one of the screws that holds the stock subwoofer as a ground (the one closer to the amp while using the other 2 up front under radio to hold a mounting board for the amp down. That amp should definitely fit where stock sub is.

The fact that the stock amp is much bigger on the Bose LUX makes me wonder if they use a different metal bracket under center console. Any pics of the stock LUX bose installed? I'll be shocked if its in the same place as my regular bose amp.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, that was exactly my concern as I was picturing in my head running them in on the flat spot of the floor. That's good to know that there's a spot further up because I was thinking that would be ideal.

I will try and remember to get a picture, I bought a used console since my original one was pretty beat up and I've still got the old one so it'll be easy.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some things in the middle that may make it difficult for an easy install. There is this area seperating where stock amp (mine atleast) and the stock sub. Wires, and it thins out and....just not as easy of a space to use but I'm still a rookie so you probably will have no issues making something work if you wanted to use the entire area but for certain you got more than enough clearance if you use the space where stock sub was.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my stock amp (yes, the console was disgusting). It is just over 12" long, 6 1/2" wide, and 2 5/8" tall. The DD D5.1000 is 15" long but I think it should work. Now I've either got to wait until someone decides to sell a used one since DD has discontinued them or change the amps in my car (ugh) to use the D5.1000 in the Escalade.

A8B1B163-083D-44E0-91B2-CDAC5467E48A - Copy.jpeg

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That definitely looks longer than mine. Any pictures of the bracket that sits on top of the amp? Same bracket that bolts to the center console/arm rest area?

Definitely cant wait to see how that looks/sounds

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by bracket? Maybe the Tahoe/Yukon console is more different than I remember. The compartment for the console is held onto the base with four screws. There isn't much space between the top of the amp and the bottom of the compartment. So far I've had no luck finding another D5.1000 and so far I haven't found another 5 channel that is as powerful on the sub channel and as small. I really don't anticipate needing that much power but it'll cost me more money and time to buy a different subwoofer...

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by bracket? Maybe the Tahoe/Yukon console is more different than I remember. The compartment for the console is held onto the base with four screws. There isn't much space between the top of the amp and the bottom of the compartment. So far I've had no luck finding another D5.1000 and so far I haven't found another 5 channel that is as powerful on the sub channel and as small. I really don't anticipate needing that much power but it'll cost me more money and time to buy a different subwoofer...

Right, when you unbolt those 4 screws, there is a silver metal bracket underneath the console but on top of the amp. You would have to remove that bracket just to get that view of the amp you have. The bracket is what keeps the arm rest/compartment section from wiggling so much. If you have to unscrew those 4 screws in the storage compartment just to lift the center console, you most likely have the bracket....unless your truck with the longer amp uses something different to bolt the center console down. Hope this makes sense. Its possible you are unbolting this bracket from the sides and it goes up with the center console but if you had to unbolt the 4 screws inside the storage section, you should have seperated the center console from the bracket.

If a chain of events happen the way I plan in the near future, I'll be able to take more pictures. The bracket I have is super shallow at the bottom where the amp is and literally wouldnt let anything more than a micro amp fit under the bracket if my memory is still good. Some people get rid of bracket just to fit an amp down there but I'm hoping the trucks with the LUX amp have a bigger bracket to handle the spacing for their larger amps....or maybe part of bracket can be cut and still be strong enough to stabilize center console....

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Escalade console doesn't have any metal bracket over the amplifier.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you open your arm rest and take the storage compartment stuff out, there should be 4 screws (or holes?). I think those were the same 4 we have been talking about in this thread. Are they screwed down to anything? On my LT Tahoe with only Bose (not LUX), they screw down to a metal bracket which is bolted into frame. Those 4 screws, do they connect to anything?

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only have three screws in mine and it's all plastic underneath. It would probably be more sturdy if it had some metal...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505