help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spidermanstahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the other day i was driving took off from the light got to 45 and the truck stop (motor stop). try to stat it agin trys to start but notting (i smell fuel). 2 days later i change out the cap and rotor the rotor was bad and it still willn't start. i here the pump hum ( but no fuel smell now). the manifols get hot so the would mean spark right? the fuel filter is 6 months old. im stumped help please

o it's a 1999 tahoe with 225xxx mile on it. its been running good untill now :emotions122:

grimm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go through and double check your ignition components, just to be sure. It sounds like you have a fuel delivery issue. Check all aspects of your fuel system. Start with your fuel filter; you'd be surprised how often something simple, cheap and easy is the culprit. If that checks out, there could be a clog somewhere in the line. Even if you hear your fuel pump, it could still be malfunctioning, so check the pump and the relay. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660