HELLLPPPPP!!! mirror lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deesdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
need help wiring led strips on my side steps. i want to wire them in so when the doors open they go on. what do i wire them to? i was thinking mirror lights since the dome lights are to far away

chadman

Reaction score
i think there is a grey wire you want to tap into . I found another forum with pics but can't paste the url here for some reason.

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want to get the dome light wire underneath the dash.

Underneath the drivers side dash, directly behind he parking brake is a computer box with 5-6 different color plugs coming off it. Grab the set of wires that come off the white plug towards the top. In the harness will be a solid grey wire, that's your interior lights, T in to it and that wire is the wire you want.

VmJNKEk.jpg

Asylum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an awesome idea. Has anyone seen someone who modded the mirror flasher to change the red leds to white ones?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's an awesome idea. Has anyone seen someone who modded the mirror flasher to change the red leds to white ones?

not that I have seen. Technically, that would be illegal as your blinkers must be red or yellow from behind and must be yellow in front of you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts