HD Hood Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
A lot of questions get asked about this swap. Lets get this all settled here.

What you need. 00-02 CHEVY Silverado HD hood.(IE 2500/3500) Notice the big, bold, underlined, red word. A GMC 2500/3500 hood is different, not the same do not waste your time with looking/pricing them.

The hood swap IS a direct bolt on for a TAHOE & SUBURBAN (NBS - 00-06) nothing else is required.

The hood swap IS a direct bolt on for the Yukon & Yukon XL (Denali included). By that i mean it does bolt on BUT you do have to trim around the headlights to make it fit correctly. Some have even mentioned slotting the hood hinge where it bolts to the truck. This pulls the hood forward giving it better alignment around the lights.

I would recommend having a shop do this kind of mod if you are not 100% on it. It is very tedious and a time consuming mod. In the end it is worth it.

This mod is only for NBS Tahoes/Suburbans/Yukons/Yukon XLs.

The Verified GM Part Number for the Chevy HD Hood: 15745931

GMC Seirra 2500HD - The crap hood.
c438293a.jpg

The hood you want. The hood you need. The sexiness that is the Chevy Silverado 2500HD

GQ_640.jpg

Danzigman passed the link to me. This is where he purchased his hood from.

He said shipping was qualifies for amazon prime members.

http://amzn.com/B005VUQJ72

Last edited:

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Great thread!

Now someone should post up pics of the conversion, process, for the Yukon & Denali, for those who are looking to do it, will know what's involed. May help. Fortunately I have a Tahoe, direct fit for me. My only bit of added info, BUY OEM if you can. When I first did some hoods, got aftermarkets, and fit for $hit. Save the hassle, and get an OEM hood.

OP
OP
Young28

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
i added what might be the pn. I need someone to verify that however.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that is it. This is the replacement number for the old part number seems that seems be 1230330. Can anyone verify for sure?

Vette66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's funny is if our trucks came with the dolphin nose HD (or how I have heard it the DODGE Hood) hood we would want the sleek hood. To each their own I like my stock hood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter