Has anyone tried these rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
For feel: have you driven another vehicle with hydroboost to compare with? They have a very unique and distinctive pedal feel, nothing like a traditional system.

For lack of braking power... How's your power steering pump? How fare are you moving the pedal?

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was bleed with an automatic bleeder with all new fluid.Bleeder screws are in stock location.Doesnt feel like air in the system feels more like carboard between the brake pad and rotor not enough bite for me.Seems to get a little better when hot.2nd set of pads on power stop rotors still stops like shit.
I see you have Goodridge lines. Did you do front and back? Also what bleeder specifically..pressure or vacuum bleeder?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
power bleeder cant do a master and abs pump, nor the hydro and p/s pump and lines. but, but please go buy 1000 dollar brakes to not fix this.

pretty basic rule here, if the master has air, nothing will bleed right at all. dont care what bleeder you got. if the hydro booster has air pedal is mush too.

cardboard, your killing me smalls. mush means you got air, not bad brakes. that being said, get to work.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
power bleeder cant do a master and abs pump, nor the hydro and p/s pump and lines. but, but please go buy 4000 dollar brakes to not fix this.

pretty basic rule here, if the master has air, nothing will bleed right at all. dont care what bleeder you got. if the hydro booster has air pedal is mush too.

cardboard, your killing me smalls. mush means you got air, not bad brakes. that being said, get to work.
I fixed that for you lol

OneofFew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
744- I think you may have that mechanic's disease where you fail to go through the usual diagnostic steps like you would on a customer car. I have it too. Back to basics doode.

OP
OP
corvette744

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Ok so lets try this again-no it doesnt feel like their is air in the system at all.When i push the pedal down i can feel it try to stop just barely touching the pedal.SO bleed correctly-the problem is i keep pushing harder to get the thing to stop-it does get a little better when hot that is what has me confused.That is why i tried 2 different sets of pads.I have driven with hydroboost before and the brakes felt fine.I tired to smash the pedal doing 50 or so and the anti lock brakes wouldnt even come on-3 times i tried and they started to by the 3rd time.The pads just feel like they dont have enough bite-im hoping going with a bigger piston caliper and larger rotor i would notice a gigantic difference and be happy.I like the wilwoods but around 4000 is a little steep.This way i would only have to do the fronts.Stock 07 and up calipers are cheap-its the rotors i want 14 inch sounds like overkill but i think thats what i need.I really only use this to tow a light fishing boat.God forbid if i had to make a emergency stop with that on the back im screwed.So im asuming since no one answered my question if any one has tried these rotors that no one has-maybe im the guinea pig

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats ok, dont try any of the free bleeding procedures.

best of luck to ya.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Ok so lets try this again-no it doesnt feel like their is air in the system at all.When i push the pedal down i can feel it try to stop just barely touching the pedal.SO bleed correctly-the problem is i keep pushing harder to get the thing to stop-it does get a little better when hot that is what has me confused.That is why i tried 2 different sets of pads.I have driven with hydroboost before and the brakes felt fine.I tired to smash the pedal doing 50 or so and the anti lock brakes wouldnt even come on-3 times i tried and they started to by the 3rd time.The pads just feel like they dont have enough bite-im hoping going with a bigger piston caliper and larger rotor i would notice a gigantic difference and be happy.I like the wilwoods but around 4000 is a little steep.This way i would only have to do the fronts.Stock 07 and up calipers are cheap-its the rotors i want 14 inch sounds like overkill but i think thats what i need.I really only use this to tow a light fishing boat.God forbid if i had to make a emergency stop with that on the back im screwed.So im asuming since no one answered my question if any one has tried these rotors that no one has-maybe im the guinea pig

Maybe the ABS module is bad and affecting overall feel.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't read whole thread but have you done an automated ABS bleed with a tool capable?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m also thinking there is an ABS problem- possible air in the ABS or a module malfunction which is causing problems. However I’m not too familiar with hydroboost systems so IDK.