Has anyone lost items under the carpet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbineguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok, so long story short my other set of keys fell under my driver side seat and there’s a slit under the seat on the carpet next to the center console. That’s the only place I could imagine them being at the monent, I believe I need to remove the front driver seat in order to get better access to that hole and see if I can fish them out, might just buy a borescope and see if I can locate them.

My wife’s apple watch had the same fate a year or 2 ago but didn’t care as much about that as the spare keys, I believe they’re causing a slow draw as the signal is constantly being picked up as I’m in the car with the keys so I don’t want any battery issues, just had to replace the OEM battery from December ‘21 not sure if this is a coincidence or not‍♂️

This is on a 22 tahoe RST if that matters at all, any advice or recommendations/concerns?

TL;DR: keys fell under seat I believe they’re under the carpet now, want to remove, advice?

Thanks in advance.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Move the seat all the way forward and get in from the 2nd row. You'll get decent access to that slit area in the carpet. If that doesn't work, then seat removal will be required. Just unplug the harnesses and remove the four bolts holding the seat down.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the key fob under the seat, are you able to lock the doors? Will the truck start? Where do you live?

Ha Ha, just kidding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019