Replace or Repurchase My Defective 2022 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

AAhmed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
lemon law process is specific to the state you are in; search for the intel and just follow the steps; skip the lawyer and save yourself a pile, the process is defined the lawyer doesn't help you

good friend of mine has done 2 GMC lemon law buy backs; basically flow is that they reimburse you what you paid for the vehicle less a per mile cost
steiny93, I appreciate it. Yes, I agree that the lawyer is of no help. I went by myself and I made good progress with GM. I am quite grateful for the guidance. Thanks

Dnmtdiablo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,
I am writing to request a replacement or repurchase for my defective 2022 GMC Yukon, which I purchased brand-new in January 2022. Since April 2022 and at 5000 (five thousand) miles, I have been experiencing a repeated Check Engine Light problem.

I have taken the vehicle to my local GMC dealer, who has involved GM Engineers, on seven [7] occasions to have the problem fixed, but they have not been able to resolve the issue. I am now concerned that this defect is built-in the vehicle itself.

We've been waiting and bringing the truck for frequent, lengthy repairs for more than a year and a half, and we're tired of it. We have never performed two oil changes without visiting the repair facility for a check engine light issue in between. The failure of this new vehicle to pass the upcoming emissions test would be highly embarrassing for GMC and render the vehicle worthless. Our Toyota Highlander has been operating flawlessly for 11 (eleven) years, as well as a brand-new Kia Telluride. These trustworthy vehicles are better than a Yukon with manufacturing flaws in our opinion.

GMC is required by the Lemon Laws to replace or repurchase my truck due to this recurrent irreparable defect after all these attempts to fix it. I am therefore asking GMC to act to replace the vehicle for my family.

Please let me know if you have experience with this issue or know if someone gone through it.
Thanks,
We have a 2022 as well. We brought it in at the 18 month mark and 20 k mark.it had a knocking noise. They said it was the lifters at first then replaced the motor with a remanufactured motor. 60 days later we got it back . Now it has a gas and exhaust smell now. They said to bring it back in. My wife doesn’t want to have our three little ones breathe this in. We asked for a new cer at this point. We have had $5,000 in rental car fees, two loaners, and 60 days of arguments about this car, stress drama you name it. we now have to bring it back bc it smells after putting the new engine in. We drove it for 100 miles hoping it was just new fluids to burn off the motor but it still smells of gas and exhaust through the vents .

Dnmtdiablo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have a 2022 as well. We brought it in at the 18 month mark and 20 k mark.it had a knocking noise. They said it was the lifters at first then replaced the motor with a remanufactured motor. 60 days later we got it back . Now it has a gas and exhaust smell now. They said to bring it back in. My wife doesn’t want to have our three little ones breathe this in. We asked for a new cer at this point. We have had $5,000 in rental car fees, two loaners, and 60 days of arguments about this car, stress drama you name it. we now have to bring it back bc it smells after putting the new engine in. We drove it for 100 miles hoping it was just new fluids to burn off the motor but it still smells of gas and exhaust through the vents .
Thank you or that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts