Replace or Repurchase My Defective 2022 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAhmed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,
I am writing to request a replacement or repurchase for my defective 2022 GMC Yukon, which I purchased brand-new in January 2022. Since April 2022 and at 5000 (five thousand) miles, I have been experiencing a repeated Check Engine Light problem.

I have taken the vehicle to my local GMC dealer, who has involved GM Engineers, on seven [7] occasions to have the problem fixed, but they have not been able to resolve the issue. I am now concerned that this defect is built-in the vehicle itself.

We've been waiting and bringing the truck for frequent, lengthy repairs for more than a year and a half, and we're tired of it. We have never performed two oil changes without visiting the repair facility for a check engine light issue in between. The failure of this new vehicle to pass the upcoming emissions test would be highly embarrassing for GMC and render the vehicle worthless. Our Toyota Highlander has been operating flawlessly for 11 (eleven) years, as well as a brand-new Kia Telluride. These trustworthy vehicles are better than a Yukon with manufacturing flaws in our opinion.

GMC is required by the Lemon Laws to replace or repurchase my truck due to this recurrent irreparable defect after all these attempts to fix it. I am therefore asking GMC to act to replace the vehicle for my family.

Please let me know if you have experience with this issue or know if someone gone through it.
Thanks,

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you worked out a replacement with GMC, if not you can notify GMC customer service and get the ball rolling. You can also look up Lemon Law attorneys in your area. Most do not require any money up front and will get paid as part of the settlement. Good luck.

OP
OP
A

AAhmed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I am trying to start communications with them.
I haven't contacted an attorney yet. This might be my next step if no progress with them.
Thanks

Last edited:

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a total bummer and I feel for you. I would lemon that thing ASAP and give GM their overpriced garbage back. It really sucks to hear how much they have gone from a company you would stand by, and they would stand by you as a customer, to a greedy, profit driven monster making mediocre stuff for outrageous prices.

I'm not bashing because I love other mfg, etc. I have been GM all my life and really liked their stuff. Unfortunately, it seems as though the company focus has changed in the past half decade or so, and not for the better.

OP
OP
A

AAhmed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for your sympathy. It's overpriced it's an XL. Although, I wouldn't mind the cost if it was running well and reliable.

Last edited:

djsassan

Reaction score
I just went through this with a used vehicle still under powertrain warranty. They offered me some reward points, no thanks. They offered a new 5 yr/60k on the second new engine they replaced.

When I got an attorney involved, the repurchsed the vehicle and I bought a new one instead.

OP
OP
A

AAhmed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks djsassan, good for you and thanks for sharing. I will need to involve a lawyer.

djsassan

Reaction score
My scenario was rather particular. Search under my username, and you will see that dealership #1 messed up an engine replacement, dealership #2 fixed the mistake, then dealership #3 had to fix a separate issue. My situation was a total mess, so please read.

Here to help while I can

OP
OP
A

AAhmed

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That was a complete mess. You must have a lot of patience to go through all that. I'll research that.
I've been going to the same dealer since they certified GMC and specialized on diesel engines. I still have the factory warranty on my brand-new truck.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I am trying to start communications with them.
I haven't contacted an attorney yet. This might be my next step if no progress with them.
Thanks
lemon law process is specific to the state you are in; search for the intel and just follow the steps; skip the lawyer and save yourself a pile, the process is defined the lawyer doesn't help you

good friend of mine has done 2 GMC lemon law buy backs; basically flow is that they reimburse you what you paid for the vehicle less a per mile cost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts