Has anyone found a use for this useless cubby?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I know it’s been brought up before, but wondering if anyone has come up with anything new.

What is the point of this useless cubby? Yes I understand it’s where the 4x4 buttons are normally, but I have a Denali so it’s AWD.

IMG_0487.JPG

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
How deep and tall is it? Could a cell phone stand up in it or are the top and bottom angled down at the bottom and up at the top?

OP
OP
slypher25aussie

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How deep and tall is it? Could a cell phone stand up in it or are the top and bottom angled down at the bottom and up at the top?

It’s pretty small. My phone won’t fit. Maybe back in the days of the old iPhones before they came out with the bigger screens.

Also, there’s nothing stopping whatever’s in there from falling out when you take off from a stop. Not that I’m flooring it or anything lol. Usually :p

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy took the pocket, and custom made it into a wireless charging slot type thing. Dont ask me how he did it, I just know he did it, and worked for him with his Samsung Note10

OP
OP
slypher25aussie

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy took the pocket, and custom made it into a wireless charging slot type thing. Dont ask me how he did it, I just know he did it, and worked for him with his Samsung Note10

Oh wow I’d love to see a pic of that if you’re able. That’s a big phone. Wonder how he got it to fit.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with him. He cant remember the specifics of it, but did it with a Dremel, and 3 L-Shaped type brackets that will accept a screw, and 3 very flat faced upholstery screws. He never could find the L-Shaped brackets commercially, but he found some in a desk he was taking apart.

He Dremeled the wall, at a angle, until the Samsung Desk Charger would just sit flushly to the interior pocket wall. Used 3 of the L-Shaped brackets to hold it in place. Ran the USB cable to the USB out on the back of his radio for power. He also told me he went thru 3 pockets before he find the right placement for the charger. He then used a couple layers of folded over cotton to protect the face from the opposite wall, and to also hold the phone in the pocket.

He first built it for his Note8, and it continued working for his Note9, and Note10.

His only complaint was the Samsung Wireless Charger had a LED in it, that was always on. And with no phone on it, it kinda annoyed him. But he got over it.

He has no pictures, and cant get any either. That Hoe got stolen X-Mas 2020.

Edit: Damn Nannies
Edit#2: He couldnt remember if it was the left wall, or the right wall, he did this mod too.. So check your spacing!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan