Has anyone ever shipped a complete dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having a dash for my 08 CC shipped but the place I bought it from said they'd drop ship it to save money. They're only charging me $45 but I'll be able to use the size and weight to get some quotes. I'll post the results.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I tried but to ship freight instead of package seems to be stupidly complicated unless you call the shipper to get the 'classification" of the freight. The dash I've got coming is only 10 lbs according to FedEx but the dimensions are 70 x 32 x 17 which is oversize so it has to go freight. But when I go onling to either my FedEx or UPS accounts and try to ship freight there are questions that I have no clue on, like what class it is. There's about 20 classifications and no description of what they are. I would have to take the package to a shipper or call them. My dash is coming FedEx 3 day freight from Dallas TX to Portland OR and they charged me only about $60 so IDK. Funny but I see it went to Memphis TN which is the wrong way to start the trip. Supposed to be here in 2 days from now.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I tried but to ship freight instead of package seems to be stupidly complicated unless you call the shipper to get the 'classification" of the freight. The dash I've got coming is only 10 lbs according to FedEx but the dimensions are 70 x 32 x 17 which is oversize so it has to go freight. But when I go onling to either my FedEx or UPS accounts and try to ship freight there are questions that I have no clue on, like what class it is. There's about 20 classifications and no description of what they are. I would have to take the package to a shipper or call them. My dash is coming FedEx 3 day freight from Dallas TX to Portland OR and they charged me only about $60 so IDK. Funny but I see it went to Memphis TN which is the wrong way to start the trip. Supposed to be here in 2 days from now.
Hate watching stuff I ordered go further west then east..... the whole tracking thing is great tho... obviously yours going east then west is dumb but maybe thats ‘the way their crow flies’......;)