Has anyone used a 24284077 Torque Converter (6L90?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it won't have too much stall. The converter is a really nice unit. They have flywheels out there that allow you to use all 6 bolts, otherwise you will only be able to use 3 with the factory flywheel.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it won't have too much stall. The converter is a really nice unit. They have flywheels out there that allow you to use all 6 bolts, otherwise you will only be able to use 3 with the factory flywheel.

I didn’t like the idea of only using 3 bolts but, apparently, tons of people do it and it’s fine. I went ahead and bought the CTS-V converter for my stock 13 that’s getting a transmission first so we’ll see how it feels. Might be pulling it back out and going with the other one but we’ll see. Lol. Might have the CVC billet reman for sale soon.

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t like the idea of only using 3 bolts but, apparently, tons of people do it and it’s fine. I went ahead and bought the CTS-V converter for my stock 13 that’s getting a transmission first so we’ll see how it feels. Might be pulling it back out and going with the other one but we’ll see. Lol. Might have the CVC billet reman for sale soon.
If your CVC billet reman is the BU60FHD, I'll gladly buy it...

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has about 13k miles on it. I actually didn’t think it was that much. I was going to reuse it but figured I would wish I did the CTS-V converter so I bought it at the last minute. I was also going to swap the valve body from the current transmission since it already has the zip kit in it but changed my mind on that to make the swap easier.

OP
OP

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far, the CTS-V converter is great. The most noticeable difference is that when you put it in gear, it barely rolls until you give it some throttle. When driving, it feels very similar to stock, but I have only done WOT once, which is probably what would be most noticeable. It does feel like it pulls better accelerating at speed than it did before but that could be due to do with the transmission rebuild rather than the converter. I'm hopeful the fuel economy doesn't go down, but I'll have to give it a few weeks to call that since I've been driving it much different than it normally gets driven to test out the new transmission. Now I'll start another round of research to figure out if I can use my old transmission as a core for my 2008 rebuild/upgrade. I know the valve body and TEHCM are different between 2008 and 2013 but if the rest is the same, I can use it since I'm replacing the valve body and TEHCM anyway. I assume that Nick Transmissions guy blocked me after I asked too many questions in his thread since he never answered if the hard parts were the same from 2008 to 2013, so I'll just figure that out on my own, too.

Jonmurphy

Reaction score
I have decided that I'm going to use the Circle D transmissions stage 2.5 6L80 rebuild kit in my 2008. I am also going to replace my complete valve body, pump, torque converter, and 1-2-3-4/3-5-R drum. I have been planning on using the CTS-V torque converter since I have a mild VVT cam but since I do not race this thing and my gas mileage is already abysmal, I'm wondering if I shouldn't. Circle D said they only recommend people use the CTS-V converter (24045127) or a 24284077 converter, which appears to be a 6L90 converter for 2020+ 2500 trucks and vans. They said it is also a dual disc clutch like the CTS-V converter but with a

n 1800 RPM stall, so not much more than the 1600 RPM stock stall but a little less than the 2000-2200 RPM stall of the CTS-V converter. I'm just curious if anyone here has used one and if you're happy with it? I've done a lot of work with torque converters over the years because I'm a strictly automatic transmission guy, Oh I can tell you Unequivocaly 1800 RPM is your maximum. I like the idea of the dual cluch. I'm sure as you can surmise, a dual clutch even puts in more junk Into your fluid that's why you will need a Dual Spin on oil filter addition Cooler line Be sure and put them in parallel not series As you put them in parallel (the £15 £20 of maximum pressure in your coolant line) Will give you even even finer filter Then that same filter would do on an automotive engine20-50 lbs of oil pressure you can get down to the 23 microns and that means you're transmission life is gonna be greatly increased Make sure you are temperature stays below 200° even listen to me You guys out there , can look up the How that Viscosity and the lubricating ability Drops As the temperature rises, you can prolong the transmission life by a factor of 3-4 if you Followl these directions. Jon : Murphy's law Direct descendant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar