Hardware kit or not???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about lowering my 07 Tahoe with the 2-3/4 Belltech kit.

I want to know if I am going to need the DJM hardware kit before I order my drop kit. I lowered my 04 Yukon with a 2-3in Belltech rear spring and I had problems with the driveshaft slamming into the tailshaft on the transmission over regular bumps in the road. I drove like that for a week until I got the DJM hardware kit. Since the kit was installed it has been fine. (Thanks Tony for the quick shipment :Handshake:)

I just want to order it at the same time if I need to install it on my 07. I cant say that I have seen anyone mentioning having to install it on an 07+ with just a 4 in rear drop. But I dont want to go back and add it later.

Thanks

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am thinking about lowering my 07 Tahoe with the 2-3/4 Belltech kit.

I want to know if I am going to need the DJM hardware kit before I order my drop kit. I lowered my 04 Yukon with a 2-3in Belltech rear spring and I had problems with the driveshaft slamming into the tailshaft on the transmission over regular bumps in the road. I drove like that for a week until I got the DJM hardware kit. Since the kit was installed it has been fine. (Thanks Tony for the quick shipment :Handshake:)

I just want to order it at the same time if I need to install it on my 07. I cant say that I have seen anyone mentioning having to install it on an 07+ with just a 4 in rear drop. But I dont want to go back and add it later.

Thanks

its up to you for 165 bucks I do it. I did that kit on my escalade and rides better than the same truck without the kit.

you will need to cut the bumpstop bracket off the frame also at 4 inches

Ripley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What does the rear hardware kit have to do with the driveshaft?

OP
OP
fire730

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the rear hardware kit have to do with the driveshaft?

When you lower the back of a solid axle vehicle it changes where the rear end sits in relation to the wheel well. The driveshaft comes from the factory to except a certain range of motion on the slip yoke ( by the tranny tail shaft). To except whether there is a load in the back or if the vehicle is lifted on a rack and the suspension completely unloads. So the vehicle is lowered the new range of motion can allow the driveshaft slip yoke to bottom out on the tail shaft housing.

That's what happened when I lowered my 04 Yukon XL. So by adding the hardware kit it relocates the trailing arms lower so the rear end sits back in the original position and allows the slip yoke back into its regular " range of motion"

I had to add it to my 04 but I just never hear about anyone putting them on the 07+ SUVs.

Plus it also comes with shorter endlinks for the rear sway bar to get that back into the correct (parallel to the ground) position.

Ripley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you lower the back of a solid axle vehicle it changes where the rear end sits in relation to the wheel well. The driveshaft comes from the factory to except a certain range of motion on the slip yoke ( by the tranny tail shaft). To except whether there is a load in the back or if the vehicle is lifted on a rack and the suspension completely unloads. So the vehicle is lowered the new range of motion can allow the driveshaft slip yoke to bottom out on the tail shaft housing.

That's what happened when I lowered my 04 Yukon XL. So by adding the hardware kit it relocates the trailing arms lower so the rear end sits back in the original position and allows the slip yoke back into its regular " range of motion"

I had to add it to my 04 but I just never hear about anyone putting them on the 07+ SUVs.

Plus it also comes with shorter endlinks for the rear sway bar to get that back into the correct (parallel to the ground) position.

Thank you for the explanation. I was aware of the need for the shorter endlinks but I didn't know what the function of the trailing arm relocator was. Sounds like my birthday present just got more expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA