Hard Drive Noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok it probably isn't. But My 11' Denali endlessly searches for something. You can hear it if it is quiet in the vehicle or before you start it. Is this normal or a sign of something?

Also, the backup camera was fritzing on and off for a while. And now it's just off. Common problem?

Reaction score
It's normal. That year Nav system is DVD based (not hard drive) and it's accessing it. The Nav DVD is located behind the screen and can be accessed via the menu

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok it probably isn't. But My 11' Denali endlessly searches for something. You can hear it if it is quiet in the vehicle or before you start it. Is this normal or a sign of something?

Also, the backup camera was fritzing on and off for a while. And now it's just off. Common problem?

Same here, hear it all the time when I first open the door and before firing up the motor. Nope, don't hear about too many problems with the rear camera but they break like anything else.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine did it too, one of the first things I yanked out and put a pioneer in, irritating noise. except I could hear mine going almost all the time unless you had the music turned up

OP
OP
B

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see OEM replacements for the stock backup camera on ebay for about $130.

Any really great head units that are an improvement over stock? Music quality and keep all the factory features including anything needed for rear entertainment, hands free phone, streaming, and steering wheel controls? And navigation.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
either the latest offering by kenwood or pioneer, kenwood has wireless android auto, pioneer hasn't released it yet I have the nex 8200 but I will probably switch to kenwood sometime in the near future

OP
OP
B

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see the Kenwood DNX575S plus the install kit totals about $1k. Radios are a lot better and a lot more expensive than they used to be!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have the Rosen GM1210

It checks ALL those boxes for about $650... and sounds much better than the stock Navi.

And it looks stock so your less likely to lose a window and stereo... lol

Walt at ADC mobile is the best with great customer service... very knowledgeable.

https://www.adcmobiledealer.com/pr-gm1210-us-2/

OP
OP
B

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that one. Probably the one I will get. thanks for the suggestion!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts