HansJr 05 Bermuda Blue Build...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So many parts still sitting in the garage with not enough time to get to it all. Plus my wife totaled her 19’ CRV in July 22’ so got her a 22’ Honda Pilot Elite, and while I was at it I ordered a 22’ Civic Si at the same time. So the Tahoe has been kind of abandoned in the driveway for a while. But it’s funny tho, the day you posted this was the day when I finally got around to doing my NNBS brake upgrade finally. Ordered the parts June of 22’ and life had just been hectic since.

Wife’s new 22’ Honda Pilot Elite. PPF front end and Ceramic coated.

8D66D8DF-5FE7-4208-BEAD-9AFFB0AFD36E.jpeg

My 22’ Civic Si. The bone stock daily, if I can keep it stock

1129F9FA-C9B3-472B-8A20-D29344647644.jpeg

OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the NNBS Powerstop upgrade. Also added the Goodridge SS brake lines. May have to rebleed the system cause the brakes still just seem kind of spongy. Also after putting EVERYTHING back together and bleeding the brakes, I saw the two lines I forgot to install sitting on my tool cart they go from the body to the rear end. I’ll do those next week. They look good tho. Hoping when I rebleed it will feel better tho.

Old front vs new front rotor

4D17B846-ECCC-4A77-B43B-90B20819B23A.jpeg

Front installed with new lines. I’m going to clean up the frame and repaint the fender liners when I do the front end rebuild. Uppper/lower control arms, Inner/outer tie rods, stabilizer links. All those parts are still sitting in the garage as well.

92B2AE2B-5ABE-48D0-BB64-8C864684BCFE.jpeg

Rear installed.

6C4B6C0F-484E-4144-89A9-67F86A78DC76.jpeg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice update and pics. Good work. Honda's look good too. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice update and pics. Good work. Honda's look good too. :thumbsup:
Thanks bud. I’m hoping, fingers crossed, to get the rest of the parts off the Tahoe and getting prepped for paint once the HD front end is on. Goal is to drop it off by the end of this month. Then I need to invest in a decent cover since it will be sitting a lot. More so for all the morning dew and the dust that will pile up for no reason. Just need one that won’t scratch the paint with windows and rain.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is one that I used. There are so many to use from, and your choice may differ, but it fit the 06 very well. I could tie it underneath and then I also had the tarp clips in front and back to keep that part down and attached in the winds. Did a pretty good job, especially when I was away for a time. If nothing else, keeping the UV, birds and all the little seeds from sticking to the paint is worth the investment when it sits outside and you don't have time to wash it or wipe it down.

I never seemed to have a problem with any scratching and it was nice to uncover and after a quick wash, the paint was still good to go and with a quick detailer spray she was shining.

OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is one that I used. There are so many to use from, and your choice may differ, but it fit the 06 very well. I could tie it underneath and then I also had the tarp clips in front and back to keep that part down and attached in the winds. Did a pretty good job, especially when I was away for a time. If nothing else, keeping the UV, birds and all the little seeds from sticking to the paint is worth the investment when it sits outside and you don't have time to wash it or wipe it down.

I never seemed to have a problem with any scratching and it was nice to uncover and after a quick wash, the paint was still good to go and with a quick detailer spray she was shining.

Which one was it? That page gave me a ton of options?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok ...I still had my expense spreadsheet.

Covercraft Custom Block-It Grey (C15811GK)
Truck Cover w/ Gust Guard Retainers

They may have changed the name as I purchased it back in 2015 for $278.36.

Looking at the pictures and associated cost, I would say it might be the same or similar after a quick call to ask them or compare on the site. Either one of these would do the trick and not break the bank.

1. CUSTOM COVERCRAFT 3-LAYER MODERATE CLIMATE CAR COVER $278.39

2.CUSTOM COVERCRAFT 5-LAYER ALL CLIMATE SOFTBACK CAR COVER $347.19

I also did get some individual wheel covers to keep the sun off the bottom of the wheels and tires.

Hope this helps out a bit more.

A pic for good measure.
IMG_2728.jpg

OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
110% def helps @Fosscore!!! Thanks! Gonna probably give them a call. Just want something decently backed since the wind here is pretty intense sometimes being so close to the sawgrass. You said yours had good material on the inside?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans