HansJr 05 Bermuda Blue Build...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the folding mirrors to work--if you don't already have--you'll also need the passenger front power window switch. I added the folding mirrors to mine, and without that switch they didn't work.
Yup. I got both. I was told I only needed the drivers, but I guess I’ll just pull both switches just to make sure.

OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is probably why I never do build threads. I’m super bad at updating them. Anyways since I last posted nothings changed much, except the over $2k worth of parts laying in the garage waiting for me to have time to address things. I keep ordering things but not making time to install them. Hopefully this changes soon.

So yesterday I got a few minutes and decided to pull the headliner finally. It’s pretty worn due to the Florida heat. Going to drop it off today and get it redone. Gonna talk with the guy about doing a diffferent custom headliner. But if it’s not within my timeframe then stock color will be going back up. When I pull the interior to swap out the leather caddy seats I’ll be doing the carpet as well as the trunk area and the front passenger areas are stained pretty bad. Plus I want to darken it all as well. So that’s where I’m at for now.

2495F621-FF07-4480-921F-A8F501192B1A.jpeg

E11D5332-362C-421E-AD73-0DB437DA25F8.jpeg

Don’t mind the garage, it’s a cluster right now as we redo the house.

CC02E446-1CF4-470A-99C9-103D0E7511D4.jpeg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think you will get a chance to put some sound deadener on the overhead while the headliner is down?? I should have done that way back when too.

New carpet will make that truck smell and look sooo much better and you can change to a darker shade as well. Nice.

OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think you will get a chance to put some sound deadener on the overhead while the headliner is down?? I should have done that way back when too.

New carpet will make that truck smell and look sooo much better and you can change to a darker shade as well. Nice.
You know I never thought about sound deadener on the roof. Now you have me wondering if I should get some before reinstalling.

Abs so I don’t have to go back thru your thread, which I do often, what color did you end up doing when you replaced the headliner and carpet. I know you went a share or two darker right?

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So that's what it looks like up under there. Any progress is good progress - getting the parts ordered and delivered is half the battle for me lately.

100% like the lighter/brighter stock interior on these trucks. I've had damn near ALL combinations of them. My latest addition is all black interior and it's okay but there's nothing like the lighter brighter interiors. The caddy has lighter leathers too, no?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know I never thought about sound deadener on the roof. Now you have me wondering if I should get some before reinstalling.

Abs so I don’t have to go back thru your thread, which I do often, what color did you end up doing when you replaced the headliner and carpet. I know you went a share or two darker right?
Yes both myself and @Rocket Man went to a darker color. Mine was dark grey for the carpet. I had thought about charcoal but the carpeted backs of the 2nd row wouldn't match and for the Denali the panels kick panels on the doors as well would be different. The LS did not have carpeted door panels, only plastic.

The headliner was nothing flash, but they did a pretty good job. I think it was OEM color or maybe one shade darker, but not suede. Looking back I should have done sound deadener, different style overhead too.

I was stoked with the carpet though. A world of difference. And with carpeted mats including black bowtie for the front seats was a nice touch.

IIRC heavy jute back for the carpet and get some big F off shears as that stuff will laugh at anything else for trimming, especially if you are putting the 3rd row seats back in. My kit did not come with cut outs.

So deadener on the overhead and under the carpet would really help knock out some noise from the road and wind.

OP
OP
HansJr

HansJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So that's what it looks like up under there. Any progress is good progress - getting the parts ordered and delivered is half the battle for me lately.

100% like the lighter/brighter stock interior on these trucks. I've had damn near ALL combinations of them. My latest addition is all black interior and it's okay but there's nothing like the lighter brighter interiors. The caddy has lighter leathers too, no?
All black as in seats, headliner and carpet? Got any pics? I was considering that too.

And @Fosscore where did you get your headliner done? I dropped it off to American Auto Trim on Prospect just west of Powerline. He mentioned the backing for the carpet as well. And I will probably thro some dynamat up top.

I’m searching for an American flag to use as the headliner in Black and White or Black and Grey. If I can find the size I need I’ll be going with that up top. If not then I’ll be going with a darker shade. Maybe not black, but something darker. Still looking at options tho.

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All black as in seats, headliner and carpet? Got any pics? I was considering that too.

And @Fosscore where did you get your headliner done? I dropped it off to American Auto Trim on Prospect just west of Powerline. He mentioned the backing for the carpet as well. And I will probably thro some dynamat up top.

I’m searching for an American flag to use as the headliner in Black and White or Black and Grey. If I can find the size I need I’ll be going with that up top. If not then I’ll be going with a darker shade. Maybe not black, but something darker. Still looking at options tho.
Not all black. My interior was Pewter. I went with dark grey, but looked at charcoal as an option, but due to not matching the backs of the seats, I opted not to and was glad because it is only 1 shade darker, but with 5% tint it was unnoticeable. Not sure black would look as good. Just my .02

The local shop I had it done at on US1, has since been razed and bulldozed into a new apartment building ....booooo and I do not know where he went.

Howards Upholstery - This shop here is always packed with all kinds of rides. Plenty of donks visit it too lol as it close to that part of town and Dale's Tires too where they all visit for the their 32s!

Just south of Sunrise Blvd on 7th Ave, 1 block south. Be worth a call. I visited the shop originally to do the seats and carpet, but opted to save the labor and do it myself. I'm sure there are others as well and maybe where you are at is good enough too, especially if they can fit you in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu