Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My tires say max at 80 PSI.

That's because they're LT tires that are capable of a much higher load than your truck (without a trailer) will ever throw down. Have you ever done a chalk test? How is your wear pattern? The MAX psi doesn't really have anything to do with ideal running pressure.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those of us that don’t run on rubber band style tires on gigantic wheels have to run with more PSI! I’m running a 31 inch tall LT truck tire. Lol. Thats what gets me through snow and all the other crap Mother Nature throws at me haha.
No, actually big rims and “rubber band style tires” need more pressure than most any tire. There’s no sidewall so you can’t have any sidewall flex. I run 45 in my rear tires on my Silverado, but 55 is too high for a normal tire imo.
Edit: like @HiHoeSilver mentioned, trucks carrying heavy loads run high pressure like that or more but that’s for 1 ton pickups and the like which either carry big loads or trailers with a lot of tongue weight. I bet your ride is suffering with that kind of pressure.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
No, actually big rims and “rubber band style tires” need more pressure than most any tire. There’s no sidewall so you can’t have any sidewall flex. I run 45 in my rear tires on my Silverado, but 55 is too high for a normal tire imo.
Edit: like @HiHoeSilver mentioned, trucks carrying heavy loads run high pressure like that or more but that’s for 1 ton pickups and the like which either carry big loads or trailers with a lot of tongue weight. I bet your ride is suffering with that kind of pressure.

Yup. Ask @Yuko04 what his road bike runs. I bet 110.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those of us that don’t run on rubber band style tires on gigantic wheels have to run with more PSI! I’m running a 31 inch tall LT truck tire. Lol. Thats what gets me through snow and all the other crap Mother Nature throws at me haha.

Chase, so you're running 17" wheels on 265-70-17s with LT tires? Load Range C or E?

@iamdub Chris, where's your flotation tires and umbrella man? Looks like you're going to need them and some bilge pumps and generators with lots of fuel and MREs. Let us know how you guys are faring during and after as you're able to ok?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Chase, so you're running 17" wheels on 265-70-17s with LT tires? Load Range C or E?

@iamdub Chris, where's your flotation tires and umbrella man? Looks like you're going to need them and some bilge pumps and generators with lots of fuel and MREs. Let us know how you guys are faring during and after as you're able to ok?
@iamdub you guys can't catch a break!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts