Growing up doesn't have to suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliReyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish this guy was my neighbor, I'd offer help always, just to learn. Great work dude. I have a vinyl plotter myself, I'm saving to buy the BLACK 3M reflective material to decal my DENALl XL. Real cop style, where the letters will only pop up with light.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chase, so you're running 17" wheels on 265-70-17s with LT tires? Load Range C or E?

@iamdub Chris, where's your flotation tires and umbrella man? Looks like you're going to need them and some bilge pumps and generators with lots of fuel and MREs. Let us know how you guys are faring during and after as you're able to ok?
Negative ghost rider. Not what I’m running at all.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah. I'm tracking now.

Even after Mark's post and valid points, I'm still gonna press on and be a Guinea pig. I was hoping for some feedback about the compressors but haven't had any replies to my thread. I'm ordering one tonight- either the Cardone or Dorman. Gonna do a little more research and reflecting...

Just saw this. I have the dorman one on the avalanche. Its been on there for like 3-4 years. Works like OEM

Part number 949-001

Last edited:
OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you find it let us know...

Dammit! I had a little time to kill and went back to around page 5 or so before getting lost. Saw a few things I had forgotten I had done and was reminiscing.

I guess I have to keep up this thread to satisfy your demands. Lemme see if I can explain this to Jenn and why I'm suddenly spending all my personal time in the shop...

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish this guy was my neighbor, I'd offer help always, just to learn. Great work dude. I have a vinyl plotter myself, I'm saving to buy the BLACK 3M reflective material to decal my DENALl XL. Real cop style, where the letters will only pop up with light.

I like this idea! All the vinyl I had on the back glass my S10 was black so it was barely visible except from certain angles or in certain lighting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iamdub Chris, where's your flotation tires and umbrella man? Looks like you're going to need them and some bilge pumps and generators with lots of fuel and MREs. Let us know how you guys are faring during and after as you're able to ok?

lol
Thank you for your concern, but I think we'll be ok being this far inland. We rarely lose power but I'm gonna have the generator ready just in case. I'll be heading out in a few mins to fill up everything. I'm a little concerned about the predicted rainfall because of the current record-smashing river heights and length of time it's been smashing those records. We were fine in 2016, but I believe the ground was dry and rivers low back then.

I can't do much of anything for the house, but I can put the Tahoe up on the lift so at least I'll have transportation for when the water recedes. lol

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw this. I have the dorman one on the avalanche. Its been on there for like 3-4 years. Works like OEM

Part number 949-001

Thanks for your witness. That's the one I ordered. It's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow but I have a feeling the weather may delay it until next week.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Dammit! I had a little time to kill and went back to around page 5 or so before getting lost. Saw a few things I had forgotten I had done and was reminiscing.

I guess I have to keep up this thread to satisfy your demands. Lemme see if I can explain this to Jenn and why I'm suddenly spending all my personal time in the shop...

You know when there's a quote you can click on the little blue up arrow and it takes you to the quoted post....:deal:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs