Gotta weekend project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dub02gpgt

dub
Reaction score
Hey,

just thought i would share my latest upgrade in this area. This should be an excellent upgrade to the stock crap in there now! just some basic speakers with a head unit for now. I am still trying to figure out how to work a 10 and an amp but at least it won't so bad after this.

Attachments

• IMG00050-20100301-1811.jpg
    IMG00050-20100301-1811.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 40

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do yourself a HUGE HUGE HUGE favor.......... run all new wiring from the hu to the new speakers. the current 20 gauge is BS. run 14 or 16, they are the nervous system or your hoe

OP
OP
D

dub02gpgt

dub
Reaction score
sounds like a major pita... any helpful suggestions that don't involve ripping the whole interior out? what problems have you expirienced with the stock wires?

EdgarCervantes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey if u need any help let me know i know some stuff on audio, im a basshead :D i can help u choose highs/mids/subs just hit me up

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Jesus I remember when I first started getting into electrical stuff in my truck. It was a PITA now it seems like nothing. Good luck! It really isn't to difficult.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like a major pita... any helpful suggestions that don't involve ripping the whole interior out? what problems have you expirienced with the stock wires?

they tend to get static-y, cut out, etc.

its not that hard replacing them, you don't even have to take them out. just run wire from each speaker thru the door grommets and on the sides, under the carpeting where there is already existing wiring. post some pics too!:hands:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts