Gotta Love Discount Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta love getting a nice new set of wheels and tires to find out one tire is bad. So you go back for a replacement and its not exactly the same tire. Now Ill have to make another trip for another tire. So agitating. The set I got was Continental LX20's extra load and the replacement was just standard.

TowGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discount, like many companies, is only as good as the store manager and how he trains his employees.

Here in the Chicago suburbs we have a manager that opens new stores or fixes failing stores for Discount who has become a friend of many of us. He runs whatever store he's in like a professional organization and trains his people well. Most people I know will follow Matt to whatever store he's at because it's always done right the first time. I just had my new snow tires mounted on my Denali last week, and he has a set of wheels and snows for my wife's MDX mounted, balanced and waiting for me to get in to have them bolted on... havent even paid for them yet. He also gets me all the Hoosier R6 race tires for both my race cars. And the prices are always equal or better than anything online. Heck, I was in there one day when a pregnant lady with 2 young children came in with a nail in the sidewall of her tire that wasn't repairable. He mounted a new tire for her, then when her credit card was declined he let her take the car, go home to get cash and come back the next day just so she could be on her way.

If you weren't happy with the way you were treated, escalate to the regional manager.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats not bad.
Last time I was there, they didn't air up one tire and left lug nuts loose on another.
Left dirty hand prints all over my truck and seat.
Thought the cops was going to be called, I got really ****** with the manager.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had both good and bad experiences. The bad was when they rebalanced and banged my caliper cover, putting a nice big dent in it and causing it to rub against the rotor. Pissed me off because I was crunched for time and didn't have enough to give them shit. But other times buying tires for the wife's Audi at another location, in and out in less than 45 minutes and not a single complaint.

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck with them.

They broke a stud on my boat trailer tire...had to send me up the street to get it replaced...brought them the receipt and they reimbursed me on the spot. Also had to have a nail removed on a Sunday and brought them the receipt for the flat repair. They paid for that too.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sucks that it happened, OP, but that could happen in any tire store, really. This time it just happened to be Discount Tire. Bottom line is, of course, that it should not happen.

Just drive back, get the correct tire and move on. It's not like your truck is going to blow up or otherwise get damaged while you have the wrong tire. Well... Since you posted two weeks ago, I guess you probably took care of it already.

I haven't shopped anywhere else other than at the same Discount store for close to 10 years now and even though the personnel changes over time, I've pretty received nothing but excellent service. Even when I have just brought them some wheels/tires I bought from somebody and wanted to have them installed in my vehicle.

Yngbld32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the damage warranty and it paid for itself by having them send me a brand new replacement tire. They were backordered new so they found me one at a store and had it shipped. It was bad and they sent me another one. No problems. Worked out great minus the problem.

emay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Towgmc, I have a killer discount 5 minutes from my house. I've done everything from custom wheels, to repair tires, mounting snows, and grabbing drag radials through them on an as needed basis. I'm a lifer to the store, if I ever move I'll have to commute back to them. I have had an anomaly or two over the years, but they always square it up as fast and conveniently as they can. All you can ask.

edit:

I meant to mention I spent 3 hours with their custom wheel guru on a saturday, only arriving with the measurements I took from my 53 F100. With the 4 link and GM bolt pattern conversion, I was way limited in wheels. We looked at so many manufacturers, covered so many back spacing options and design aspects my head was spinning. In the end I got a wheel that fit mint, on a truck that fought me the entire way all because their guy was willing to cover every detail with me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
byrds6

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the wheels I got through discount tire. I used their online tool to find the rims they said matched my truck. Granted the offset is slightly different so they stick out a bit further but they also said that was not an issue at all and wouldnt cause any damage. But I do so love my new wheels. They really do make the vehicle.

minytrker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love discount and have had several bad experiences with them but they always went out of there way to make them right in the end. They ruined 2 wheels on my ctsv and ordered news already before they came and got me. When the wheels came in they mounted new tires with sensors on them and just put them on my car vs swapping tires over. They have also warrantied countless tires over the years that should not been covered. They actually just credited me $120/tire on my g8 when the alignment ate them up. I agree with what others said it's the manager who makes the store IMO.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900