Got the s/c installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to go to Corpus for the weekend with my wife for her aunt's wedding. My wife said that as long as I make the wedding and reception, I can take the s/c with me and install it at her brother's house while we're there so I didn't have to wait til we got back home:) So we started on it late fri night, went to the wedding sat morning, then finished the install Sat afternoon. Everything went fairly smooth. Only problem; the programmer Magnuson sent won't override the BB tune I have. So now the larger injectors are staying open longer than needed because the pcm thinks the original injectors are still in the truck and it's trying to compensate for the added air. It bogs at wot under heavy loads after shifting into 2nd and beyond. But in first gear...damn, it screams. SOB is crazy loud! Started at a 15 roll (it wouldn't catch traction below that) and pulled my brother in law's 01 SS Z28 up until around 45 when the truck shifted into 2nd then started bogging down. I'm meeting Justin in a couple weeks so he can re-program the pcm and get it going. I have about a four hour trip back home, so we'll see how it does just cruising with the pcm the way it is. At least it isn't running lean.
DSC_2431.jpg

DSC_2432.jpg

DSC_2433.jpg

DSC_2434.jpg

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NICE~!

What's the difference between yours and a Whipple? Yours is belt drive?

BOSS

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
DAYUM!!! Looks real seci. Pretty good job there. But man JK, I woulda thought your engine bay woulda been cleaner than that?????? j/k

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
dammit I want boost! *saves another dollar toward L92 heads/tvs1900*

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you replace the fuel injectors as part of the install? Do they come with the SC?

BOSS

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
NICE~!

What's the difference between yours and a Whipple? Yours is belt drive?

BOSS

So you replace the fuel injectors as part of the install? Do they come with the SC?

BOSS

Not sure of the difference in the Whipple and Radix. Both are belt driven and twin screw types.
Larger injectors come with the kit. Hell, everything I needed came with the kit. I didn't have to use any thing except solder and heat shrink instead of the crimp connectors they supplied to extend the IAT and TB ETC harness.

OP
OP
JKmotorsports

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
DAYUM!!! Looks real seci. Pretty good job there. But man JK, I woulda thought your engine bay woulda been cleaner than that?????? j/k

Cleaner as in less dirt or less clutter? Or both:)? I do need to get in there and clean though. Especially now that I have something worth showing off under the hood:party33:.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia