A/c Not working after overheating.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OtterHusko11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my 2011 Yukon 5.3 with 158k on it had a coolant leak form the Tee fittings against the firewall i forgot to tell my wife about. I deployed and she waited about a month or soo but took the truck for a drive and noticed there was no heat ( her immediate thought was electrical not lack of coolant) no problems on that drive other than no heat. Let it sit for about a week or two and drove it again only this time about 5 miles form the house all the pretty lights came on the dash ( i was not there to witness so not sure what lights but assume most of them) Said she saw a message of "Turning AC off overheating" then she noticed the temperature gauge maxed out. She immediately pulled over into a parking lot (conveniently located where she was) shut it down and got towed home. I got home form deployment troubleshot decided heads were good based off compression check replaced all rubber, and the tee fittings, along with thermostat and housing and obviously fresh dex cool. cleared all codes ( no check engine light at this time just stored codes) noticed one for thermal protection something or other didn't think anything of it all should be well right? Well now no matter the temp outside ( im in southern Georgia coldest is like low 40`s averaging mid 60`s-70`s right now) if i use climate control and try to engage A/C the light flashes. I have checked fuses all good, wiring appears good, did the battery disconnect reset along wiht attempting the hold a/c and recirc buttons. Nothing seems to clear this a/c light flashing, also have no codes stored in the ECM ( Scan tool checks for all codes not just engine codes) Just wondering if anybody has any other input here on what i can do to reset or re engage my a/c system ( also note temp gauge is working correctly for engine and outside temp as well).

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score

See if any of that works, keep us posted!

Last edited:

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the reset doesn't work, I'd start with fixing the temp sensors that aren't reading right

OP
OP
O

OtterHusko11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
not sure what your referencing with temp sensors not working all of my temp indications are as accurate as stock configuration allows.
if the reset doesn't work, I'd start with fixing the temp sensors that aren't reading right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts