Good grease gun?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a cheap “greasetek” from Amazon that is a leaky pos that I decided to toss. Anyone have recommendation on a good one that is easy to get on/off the zerks and doesn’t leak? This one had a flexible extension that seemed handy but the connection to the fittings would often get stuck. Not ironic that the item is no longer available on amazon.

Edit:looked at the invoice and it was $12. This thing’s a piece of junk. /uncle si

OP
OP
mattbta

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience is that most leak.

LocknLube make nice guns, and they sell a connection fitting that quickly secures/removes from the fitting easily and doesn't pop off. They are kind of pricey though.
That LnL 254 looks pretty slick. At 6x the cost of my crapster, if it works well, might be worth it. I need to get more stringent on greasing the suspension.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hang mine upright/vertical on my pegboard and there always seems to be seepage at the bottom where the rod goes into the cap. I made a "catch can" from the bottom half of a 2 liter soda bottle that hangs from it with the bottom of the gun contained so any drips go into the can

20221218_173009.jpg

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been using a cheap one (don't even know the brand) for years now. I hate it. Might be time to upgrade.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Honestly, they're all going to leak

I hang mine in a 5 gallon bucket by the handle
Tbh, I've never found benefit by getting a 'nice' grease gun. Especially not at the home-maintenance level. Just feels like a waste to purchase something that ultimately would have... A nicer handle? For the literal 20 times I squeeze it per year? Meh

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I hang mine upright/vertical on my pegboard and there always seems to be seepage at the bottom where the rod goes into the cap. I made a "catch can" from the bottom half of a 2 liter soda bottle that hangs from it with the bottom of the gun contained so any drips go into the can

View attachment 387712
Same here.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a cheap “greasetek” from Amazon that is a leaky pos that I decided to toss. Anyone have recommendation on a good one that is easy to get on/off the zerks and doesn’t leak? This one had a flexible extension that seemed handy but the connection to the fittings would often get stuck. Not ironic that the item is no longer available on amazon.

Edit:looked at the invoice and it was $12. This thing’s a piece of junk. /uncle si

I bought this one 3.5 years ago. No leaks and has a locking tip. I wipe the excess off and out of the tip and lay it horizontally on a shelf. It was $19.99 back then. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish