GMC YUKON (07-14): XB HYBRID LED HEADLIGHTS-unboxing/output

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any additional pics Wes? How are you liking them after having them on for awhile now? Still happy with the results in comparison against your previous HID setup?

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any additional pics Wes? How are you liking them after having them on for awhile now? Still happy with the results in comparison against your previous HID setup?
I like them, no problems with them thus far they are working properly, comparing them to my previous HID's they are not as bright but using HID's in the stock housing creates a different light pattern which is kind a glob of light which was fine for me, these LED make a more focused pattern, combined with the upgraded SS3 fog lights it's very nice mix
I will try to get some more pictures with my other camera and post them up in the next day or so.

annstruck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cross country trip (literally puget sound to coast of maine) with plenty of night driving and a variety of types and quality of interstate lighting: Would you choose these or your previous alternative to the stock lights (presuming those were a retrofit package)? Thanks and thanks to Serge and rest of the forum for guidance on what not to do / buy to try to improve the stock lighting.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cross country trip (literally puget sound to coast of maine) with plenty of night driving and a variety of types and quality of interstate lighting: Would you choose these or your previous alternative to the stock lights (presuming those were a retrofit package)? Thanks and thanks to Serge and rest of the forum for guidance on what not to do / buy to try to improve the stock lighting.
well I have only had them for 3 weeks and thus far no problems with reliability they have operated properly, so presuming they continue to operate well I would use them.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive I’m strongly considering buying these Morimotos for my 2014 Yukon XL. Are you happy with them a year later?
they still work great
the only thing I can note is if I turn on my foglights and the headlights are on auto during daylight I will get a little flicker, but i also have a fog light on with high beam module installed and I think it is simply a voltage issue because the DRL's run on lower than 12v and I think turning my high power fog lights with drl's on only taxes it, with headlights switched on with the switch or after the sun has set there is no issue
my fog lights are the diode dynamics ss3 max on the factory harness, if I added a relay the flicker would probably go away