GMC Extended Limited Warranty vs GMC PROTECTION PLAN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Villager

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
https://www.gmc.com/protection/extended-limited-warranty

2017 GMC Yukon at 34K and I'm considering an extended warranty before I get to 36K which is going to be on this road trip next week.

Anyway, I just want to find out what extended options are available (official GM only.. no aftermarket), and how much they could cost. If anyone knows of a good contact please let post here.

Thanks!

Searching turns up all sorts of info on "GMEPP", but nothing matches that exactly on GMC's current website. They have the Extended Limited Warranty which only says it changes 3yr/36K to 5yr/60K... can't find any fine print to see if it's the same coverage with different duration/mileage.

The GMC website also has info on the Protection Plans, which are Platinum and Silver. Are these what people often call "GMEPP"?

OP
OP
V

Villager

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Some Auto Brands allow their name to be included in service contracts (S/C) disguised as a Certified Pre Owned Warr.

If it doesn’t say warranty, odds are it’s a S/C. A quick way to tell is to read the print and look for a clause stating “we may use aftermarket, quality rebuilt or certified used parts” at our discretion. In other words, if you get a $4K S/C and have more than $4K in repairs, we are going to screw with you and authorize neglect labor rates and junk yard parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
I have had extended warranties, All with all things considered they really aren't a good deal. If you have to cough up the first $4K then you might as well forget the whole thing and just pay whatever it costs to fix your truck. Even if you calculate the per hour time for a local garage to do the work, ( My shop charges $75.00 an hour) and at that rate there's a lot, lot of work covered. The Dealership charges 150.00 an hour. Now if the SC just gets in the action after you've spent the $4K, It's time to trade it for a running example of the same vehicle. Just my $2.00 but thee way GM and dealers operate is caustic at best, and they have been fighting this wage/price war for the last 35 years and that just leaves you in the middle to get screwed. Don't go there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts