Blown 6.2 (not in good way) '21 Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BuyLow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
GM has gone crickets on me.

They told me that the reimbursement of my rental car charge was all the "compensation" they would offer based on the fact that my car wasnt out of service for 60 days.

Im not going to accept that because i was told they would extend the warranty AND wtf does length of time i was without it have anything to do with the probability that it fails in the future?

I asked the rep i had to escalate to her supervisor which she did. I explained the situation and this was his response:

I understand that you are concerned with compensation your advisor can give you. She is a very good advisor and will look into any compensation that she is able to give you, each case is different so we look at the cases individually as well and the customers inconvenience...

Thank you,
Andy
CAC UPA TL Andy

I responded:

For clarity, I am not concerned with compensation my "advisor can give". I have a justified concern regarding the safety and longevity of the car in question. With all of the info provided to Renee in great and organized detail, I respectfully outlined what satisfactory resolution to me would be. I asked for rental reimbursement (obviously) which has been approved and Ive been told checks have been mailed, and in addition, very reasonably and completely justified, I asked to have the warranty on the vehicle extended. Neither of these could be considered "compensation". Reimbursement is just that. Extending the warranty on the car is simply GM standing behind its product. If nothing happens to the car, there is no associated cost to GM and therefore, I will have benefited nothing, other than peace of mind and continued brand loyalty.

His response a week an a half later:

I do understand your concerns. Although your advisor has offered everything that we are able to offer the resolution if final for this case.

Sincerely,
Andy
CAC UPA Supervisor

Then mine:

Correct. She offered to extend the warranty as I requested and then reneged.

I have it in writing, which will hold up in arbitration or court. I'd rather not go that route, BUT have the time and resources to do so.

I'd really consider taking the easy path, because I also have a claim of diminished value, enforcement of Lemon law, lost time while dealing with this (i charge a minimum of $1000 per hour and have spent at least 13 documented hours so far working on this), IIED (intentional infliction of emotional distress) for being forced by GM to sit in the car on the highway to wait for towing, and a few other claims that attorneys are often excited to pursue.

I do not want to go public, I do not want to join lawsuits that are existing and in the works.

Again, I requested an extended warranty and was told GM would provide it. Again, I have that commitment in writing. Not really sure how there is a question.

I will not go away until this is satisfactorily resolved. Satisfactory resolution is a simple warranty extension.

Do the right thing Andy and stand behind what the GM rep offered in response to a recognized concern. This can be over right now. Something tells me that you haven't reviewed the correspondence.

Unless you plan to respond with an additional acknowledgment of my request and GM supporting the reps WRITTEN OFFER, please escalate this to your supervisor and dont bother responding.

aaaaaaaaaaaand now, crickets. His last response was a month ago.

Ive emailed him no less than 5 times requesting further escalation to no avail.

Anyone have a contact?

THX!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I remember another story similar to this one where once the vehicle owner mentioned the word "court" in their correspondence with GM, they went radio silent as well.

I hate to say it, but I think that's your course of action now - others who have mentioned getting a lemon law attorney involved have all had successful resolution, it's just not a fun process by any means.

Ibustbravo

Reaction score
You know these guys at GM have 0-F's to give, right? Not one, it's your vehicle & your problem.. Same thing happened to me too.. We have the right to repair, remember that. At least GM isn't like John Deer.

I decided to build two engines, buy two transmissions, the factory scan tool, HP tuners and a subscription to a tuning school.

It's fixed. Problem solved. The circus is finally over. Get an ebay engine dude.. Rebuild it, it's good therapy.

C

OP
OP
B

BuyLow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
funny thing happened...

needed to add washer fuild. Popped the hood. apparently the dealer forgot to install the hood latch. i figure out that i could jam my hand in and operate the release blindly.

That was irritating but I could work around it... THEN, i found some 3 feet wide piece of plastic trim (maybe the radiator cover?), just lying loosely across the manifold. How it didnt get stuck in something or catch on fire is beyond me.

Great job GM. Really well done.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
funny thing happened...

needed to add washer fuild. Popped the hood. apparently the dealer forgot to install the hood latch. i figure out that i could jam my hand in and operate the release blindly.

That was irritating but I could work around it... THEN, i found some 3 feet wide piece of plastic trim (maybe the radiator cover?), just lying loosely across the manifold. How it didnt get stuck in something or catch on fire is beyond me.

Great job GM. Really well done.
This is why extending the warranty after a repair like that is needed. Who knows what else they took shortcuts on.

GlennSullivan

Reaction score
Are you within your states lemon law period for new vehicles? If so, then start the lemon repurchase process.
If you are not within the time or mileage for your states lemon law, not much you can do other than purchase
a GM extended warranty to protect yourself from potential future expense. If transferrable, the warranty will also
bolster the vehicles value if you decide to sell or trade it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar